• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing drive - question

:)
very delicious snacks too! Thanks for the Pringles and Twinkies, they kept me going the rest of the trip!

Zorrex, if you want to you can always float between cars and maybe chip in for gas

Yeah, but if Ian is only going for Friday and Saturday, it's going to be harder for him to catch a ride if most everyone leaves before Friday.
Flying out costs more than gas too.
sucky situation :(

well beetches. Our SZ "party wagon" plans are just not going to work this year. :(
At first we thought of renting a van to take a bunch of us out, but that was looking to be a little too costly (especially since most people wanted to drive their own cars - perfectly understandable).
Then we had the idea to buy a stretch limo and sell it after SZ/Carlisle. So we've been busting our humps trying to find one at a reasonable price, which essentially means we'd be buying an old one (I ain't rich!).
All in all, it just would have been too risky, especially if it broke down on the drive out.
I'm sad as all hell because arriving to SZ in a limo would have been so bad ass! Plus it would have just been a fun thing to tool around in with friends/family.

Anyway, since I can't get my way on the limo issue, we're taking the Cougar this year instead of Mike's SVT. :D

So any updates from anyone on who's driving to and fro in one shot?

still don't know what we are doing, let alone what car I am going to drive at the moment.

But if we don't take the cedar point side trip I will head up the other group.

My idea would to be to head out either 84 or 15 and work our way over to 80. This avoids the NY tolls and we will be able to hopefully work it to meet up with the PA/NJ/ etc folks for part of the drive out.

or we can head out the Mass pike, through upstate NY and meet people in Ohio. but at that point we are only about 3 hours from Canton, or 4 from Erie, PA.

So if that comes to be I will start another thread for those people that want to drive straight through to post in, etc...

Back