• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Caravan

Well right now it largely comes down to this. Do I A.) Pour money into my car, and hope it will last me a long time(even though I know its leaking oil somewhere). or B.)Buy something newer that I wont have to put money for repairs into. :shrug: I really dont know what to do anymore.... I may be getting an SVT the beginning of spring though so we will see. ;)

Well right now it largely comes down to this. Do I A.) Pour money into my car, and hope it will last me a long time(even though I know its leaking oil somewhere). or B.)Buy something newer that I wont have to put money for repairs into. :shrug: I really dont know what to do anymore.... I may be getting an SVT the beginning of spring though so we will see. ;)

how bad is it leaking oil?

When my 95 was leaking oil, I never had a problem besides having to keep an eye on it and adding when it needed it.

It's also not a requirement to have your car there. Just bum a ride off of someone else that's driving out. Plus that cuts down on the expenses like gas.

It's also not a requirement to have your car there. Just bum a ride off of someone else that's driving out. Plus that cuts down on the expenses like gas.

Screw that, I'd fly in to Detroit and make TRicker come pick me up there :laugh: Free flights FTW!

Having graduation on Saturday of SZ FTL :(

Screw that, I'd fly in to Detroit and make TRicker come pick me up there :laugh: Free flights FTW!

A couple of years ago my dad flew from detroit to mpls, then he was supposed to catch a flight from mpls to Duluth. That flight was delayed for 3 hours. He could have driven back home in that amount of time. :laugh:

A couple of years ago my dad flew from detroit to mpls, then he was supposed to catch a flight from mpls to Duluth. That flight was delayed for 3 hours. He could have driven back home in that amount of time. :laugh:

I don't believe you :p Even with a 3 hour delay. What does the detroit to mpls flight take? An hour and a half? Mlps to Duluth maybe twenty minutes? Even with a three hour delay you're at about 5 hours :laugh: I doubt you could get from Detroit to Duluth in even close to 5 hours by car, though I've never tried it.

that happened to me a couple years ago, but my flight was from mpls to madison WI, I was delayed close to 6 hours :(. after the tour, i had them rent me a car and drove back instead.

I don't believe you :p Even with a 3 hour delay. What does the detroit to mpls flight take? An hour and a half? Mlps to Duluth maybe twenty minutes? Even with a three hour delay you're at about 5 hours :laugh: I doubt you could get from Detroit to Duluth in even close to 5 hours by car, though I've never tried it.

Not from detroit to duluth being quicker. The trip from the cites to duluth. If you drive it is a 10-12 hour trip threw the UP to the Detroit area.

Shoot I used to get free flights through Northwest and Airtran...but I turned 23 so Northwest won't let me fly for free and then I quit my job at the airport so Airtran won't let me fly. Oh well, it was sweet while it lasted. BTW, my dad is a maintenance manager for NW...or is it going to be Delta? Haha, I guess I shouldn't be laughing about that.

What time do you graduate?
Does your family have a party planned?

SZ starts on a Thursday, so you'll be missing out on 2 days of activities.
Saturday usually has the biggest member turnout because of the show n shine and banquet.
If you don't show up til late on Saturday, you've pretty much missed all of SZ.
Not everyone sticks around for the Sunday activity (unfortunately).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dissuade you (the more the merrier!).
I just don't want you to arrive late on Saturday and then be disappointed.

Back