• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Alternative.

Spring Zing Alternative.

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Maybe - I'll let you know.

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence the poll. We want to try to get a decent deal on the hotel if at possible. LUCA and I were going to leave this open for a little longer. Then create an "official" thread with hotel info and information about attractions in the area.

FYI for everyone, I do believe we've settled on meeting up somewhere in Akron, quite possibly the same hotel as last year, or we might try to find one that offers breakfast (free).

Hence the poll. We want to try to get a decent deal on the hotel if at possible. LUCA and I were going to leave this open for a little longer. Then create an "official" thread with hotel info and information about attractions in the area.

FYI for everyone, I do believe we've settled on meeting up somewhere in Akron, quite possibly the same hotel as last year, or we might try to find one that offers breakfast (free).

I work right across the highway from that hotel now. Let me know if you need any help getting info etc.

Well it seems like we could pull together something for a laid back SZ12. I would think a hotel meet & greet, and parking lot shenanigans with the possibility of hitting up a open track day would be a good time. Heck at that point we could have a make shift show and shine too, perhaps without awards. If there is enough interest in this we could even do the laynard name tags. I like this plan better as it really requires no commitment from anyone. It's more or a less a large party, come if you want too and BYOB ;)

Well it seems like we could pull together something for a laid back SZ12. I would think a hotel meet & greet, and parking lot shenanigans with the possibility of hitting up a open track day would be a good time. Heck at that point we could have a make shift show and shine too, perhaps without awards. If there is enough interest in this we could even do the laynard name tags. I like this plan better as it really requires no commitment from anyone. It's more or a less a large party, come if you want too and BYOB ;)

I have enough lanyards and plastic sleeves for the name tags left over from last year. All we would need to do is come up with a design for the nametags. Hell, my printer probably still has the t-shirt design.....we could just switch the 2011 to 2012. Maybe just switch up the color combo

here is the 2012 schedule for May at Nelson Ledges

FunDay Sunday, May 06, 2012
FunDay Friday, May 11, 2012
FunDay Saturday, May 12, 2012
FunDay Friday, May 18, 2012
Friday Evening Track Day for Motorcycles Friday, May 18, 2012
Moto Series /FastTrax Motorcycle Saturday, May 19, 2012
Moto Series /FastTrax Motorcycle Sunday, May 20, 2012
Test & Tune Friday, May 25, 2012
SCCA MVR Double National Race Saturday, May 26, 2012
SCCA MVR Double National Race Sunday, May 27, 2012

pricing is $130 for the day
gates open at 8 A.M. Track time is 10 A.M. to 4 P.M., with a half-hour break taken for workers

I can do another shirt design if need be. I was wondering about that. Just let me know.

Holy crap, is this really coming together?
SZ 2012 in Akron again?!

That would be sweet......

this would be amazing...and not too far from home.
keep plugging away guys!! now we just need more people to commit to going....

I like it. Seems as if May 25 would be the day for the track. We should do a thread on the designs for the shirt and lanyard if there is time, much like NECO did for CougarFest.

We should do a thread on the designs for the shirt and lanyard if there is time, much like NECO did for CougarFest.

That's pretty fair. One month of submissions and a week of judging should give you guys plenty of time to get them printed. Do I feel it's a GREAT idea, with the current shape of things? I'm not sure if there will be active participants, but we won't know unless we put a thread up and ask.

That's pretty fair. One month of submissions and a week of judging should give you guys plenty of time to get them printed. Do I feel it's a GREAT idea, with the current shape of things? I'm not sure if there will be active participants, but we won't know unless we put a thread up and ask.

Your probably going to be the only person to submit a design, but might give people the opportunity to provide suggestions and build on your concept. I might sketch something up, but I don't have amazing skills in photoshop or similar programs.

A lot of times when I do logos I draw them by hand first. The computer can sometimes be a barrier because one is trying to use all the digital tools instead of what we all grew up with: pencils, lol. I guess just throw up a thread and I'll submit some ideas and see where it goes? Silver Rocket: go for it man!

I sold the contour right after the site quit working and I was planning on possibly going to SZ12 but if it's in Akron..that's only a 3-4 hour drive so I think I'd be a little more apt to going. I'd be in my fsvt though so don't kick me out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back