• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2016

If yoder is tied up I can do it again in va. I can schedule time again with vir track superfest. There is another event going on the track with Ferraris.

I was told to come here.

Tennessee is a 12 drive from me, so that is reasonable.

If yoder is tied up I can do it again in va. I can schedule time again with vir track superfest. There is another event going on the track with Ferraris.

Superfest is the weekend of April 22-24 this year..... $275 for 1-day on track, $550 for 2 days.... $650 for all three (or $595 with early registration). That was a fun track and I would enjoy doing it again if that is how it works out....

Here are some SZ 2016 choices / ideas for your consideration... April 15th weekend has the Spring Pigeon Forge Rod Run - lots of cars and fun for all... but also busy, busy; April 24th weekend also has the quarterly (Knoxville) Harper Cars and Coffee event [huge number of cars] and is the weekend I was shooting for... BUT it is also the same weekend as the VIR SVT event; April 28th weekend is the "Cruising the Smokies" Pro-Touring event... At this point, I'm thinking that Memorial day weekend might be a good choice this year; but it will be getting hot in this area by then. Tell me what you think.
BTW, I have also posted this on the FB page for feedback.

If I could get my car running properly, I'd be interested, could probably talk my wife into it maybe if there were family oriented stuff involved, did a day of sz11 she enjoyed it. Her sister and husband go to Tenn. quite often and rave about it, we been thinking about going there, maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.

You will get more interest if it is not on a holiday weekend. 99% of people have a family event that memorial weekend.

VIR was fantastic. Even with a busted ride I had a great time. Price was reasonable and the event lasted all day.

Seeing new areas and having new events is great too and makes E. TN exciting.

I liked VIR also. it's 5.5 hours from me in Knoxville, so hard to combine both from here... unless one did a weekend thing here then a follow-on weekend there. or vice-versa.
Currently I'm leaning toward the 15th weekend to correspond with the Pigeon Forge Rod Run. https://www.facebook.com/Pigeon-Forge-Rod-Run-679518335409236/
The indoor car show and the on the street action are quite entertaining. Of course there will be about 5000 others there too.

Well john and I vote for Tennessee! We will most likely cruise together is there a way we can set up a pole to show how much Intrester there is for each area

Well john and I vote for Tennessee! We will most likely cruise together is there a way we can set up a pole to show how much Intrester there is for each area

At this point, the location is locked. The question Jim has posed to the rest of us is which weekend in April works for you. If you are available for all three, say so. If you have a preference, let him know. He wants to have the best attendance possible, but he needs to lock it in soon. One thing to not do is say you are available or prefer a weekend then not participate if that turns out to be the weekend.

I'm available for any of those weekends I just need to know which one to make sure I'm off of work other than that me and Robbie will be there

As of this moment, I can make any weekend. The hayabusa group does a bash every year in April but a date has not been set. I guess I would need to decide which way to go if it falls on the same weekend.

Ok. I suppose since no specific choice is being suggested. I will go ahead and pick the 15th weekend. We will be in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Dragon/US129, Knoxville, TN area.
Now we need to know who is in so I can formalize the group hotel location and work on the swag...

Now is the time to sign up!
Who is coming to SZ16?
1. JKYoder
2. Sean Yoder

Back