• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2011 Road Course Deposit Information

Axxis ULTs with Brembo slotted fronts and Centric rears. Stock calipers.

More people should get on the Axxis ULT bandwagon. Performance equal to better than Hawk HP+, costs less, make no noise, but you do have to put up with a little dusting. Freakin' great pad. I'm on my second set and not changing until I need true track pads or they are discontinued.

Just wondering what other people are using for stopping power. This is what is going on my car this weekend EBC yellow stuff front, and Hawk HPS in rear.
007.jpg

Are you going to have time to bed them in properly between now and next weekend? I read the EBC brakes need 500 miles of stop-go driving at a minimum, and maybe 1,000 before they are at their top potential.

yeah, i drive a lot between school and odd jobs. i'll have anywhere between 500-1000 miles on them by the time i make it to ohio.

I just talked with the instructor who will be with us on Friday, here is how we are going to do things.

Drivers Meeting with instructor at 7:30 DO NOT BE LATE!! We all have around $4k wrapped up in this event and I want to make sure everyone gets their moneys worth

Experienced group will go out FIRST, the rest will stay behind for further instruction/guidance (lead-follow procedure discussion).

After the beginners finish their first session you are to check back in with the instructor to review (How to learn a track discussion).

The rest of the day the instructor will be available for ride alongs.

Im leaving from my house Friday morning, I wont be stopping by the hotel........I would suggest leaving the hotel no later than 6:30AM

Ill try to head out early then, I dont want there to be any issues..........Annie is going to hate me around 4:45AM Friday morning :laugh:

Yeah well liz is going to hate me too. I will be at the garage tonight finishing up the SVT tonight if anyone is getting in early they can stop by

I just reviewed things in a little more detail with the instructor. Here is a detailed breakdown of what is going on in the morning

7:30 Fred (works at the track) conducts welcoming meeting and covers a few basics - he normally does this for FUNDAYS. At the end of the meeting I will have a short meeting around a track map displayed in the tech center and discuss the upcoming "lead-follow".

Following the above everyone participates in the "lead-follow". They follow me in their cars. They should share cars to some extent (I prefer to keep the number of cars behind me to a minimum so we do not have any stragglers). You can ride with me if you want. This will be done for several laps at a very low speed (40-50 MPH) in order to show everyone the course layout. No helmets will be necessary because of the slow speed.

(Following times are approximate)

8:15 Following the "lead-follow" we can let the experienced group go on track (with helmets) while the beginners join me in the classroom. Sessions should be targeted for 20-30 minutes. That amount of time works good for both the people on the track and in my classrooms.

8:45 Beginners on track - experienced group joins me in classroom.
Subject: "How to learn a track" using Nelson Ledges turns as examples.

9:15 Experienced on track - beginners in class
Discussion similar to above but more basic

9:45 Beginners on track - I become available to anyone who wants to ask questions or have me ride with them for a couple of laps.

I will not need a list of who is in each group, but I strongly suggest you have the cars identified so they can easily be differentiated. If two people are sharing a car it should be marked as being able to go out in both groups. It is also possible to combine groups as the day goes on. This combining is common in the afternoon with programs such as yours. Depends on the number of cars participating and skill levels at that time

Back