• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spare tire size on a contour svt

Torquemonster

CEG'er
Hi guys, what size is the donut or spare that comes in these cars. Mine is missing and my friend thinks he's got one but I just want to make sure its right.

Thanks.

The SVT's all came with 15" spares. A 15" spare is needed to clear the front brakes. Early SVT's came with a lighter aluminum spare and at some point they switched to the same spare that was used in non-svt's.

Most non-svt's came with 14" spares, but some did have 15" spares as well.

Interesting! I figured the E0/aluminum csvt spare would be the same size as the E1. Here's the data I have... the only one missing is the non-svt spare info.

E1/steel SVT: 125/90-15
FSVT aluminum: 125/85-16

There really needs to be a FAQ for this forum... and this info should be in there as it's frequently asked.

spare tire for a 1998 Zetec

spare tire for a 1998 Zetec

I am upgrading my standard 14" rims on my 1998 Contour LX Zetec to SVT 16" rims with 205/55-16's. Do I need to change my spare tire as well? Or should I just keep one of the old 14" rims with tire as a spare? It would look odd, but it's the size question which is important. Gracias.
Wildowl

I am upgrading my standard 14" rims on my 1998 Contour LX Zetec to SVT 16" rims with 205/55-16's. Do I need to change my spare tire as well? Or should I just keep one of the old 14" rims with tire as a spare? It would look odd, but it's the size question which is important. Gracias.
Wildowl
I would say as long as you didn't change to larger brakes you can keep your currant spare

Back