• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sorry if this is the wrong section. I've got a vacuum line question

Just got this 99 ES 2.0 from my dad and There are two lines coming from under the TB and one of them just seems to have disappeared. Curious whether to just plug it as it idles rough unless I stick my finger over the nipple or if I need to get a new hose to run it to where it's meant to be ran? Thanks In Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Untitled)

Here's a picture. It's the clean nipple haha I know a pictures worth 1000 words right??

28770f925fefca6400fa57c1b9cfab14.jpg

I'm not positive where it connects, but it definitely looks like it should be, given the dark area over the nipple in comparison to its back end. It might go into the cabin. Look for an accordian style tube just like the other one just next to it, somewhere around that firewall that might possibly go into the cabin.

(Untitled)

Figured out your problem. There isn't a pipe/hose that goes there. It's a cap. Yours has fallen off. Go to an autostore & pick a plug up. Sumthn like this [video]https://www.mikesxs.net/parts/img600/48-1447.jpg[/video]
just now seen your reply! Thank you! I capped it off! It's jerry rigged for now tho haha

Back