• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Someone here has a TURBO!

Yeah, same weight as v6.

Duratec 2.3L is used in the focus with the MTX-75 and it's all Aluminum, lighter, and more efficient.

But anyway... have fun with your new turbo.

Duratec 2.3L is used in the focus with the MTX-75 and it's all Aluminum, lighter, and more efficient.

yeah and the duratec V6 is used in the contour with an MTX-75 but it doesnt drop in or bolt to my MTX-75 either.

i am having tons of fun with the turbo and cant wait to get the few minor kinks out of the way. ill get a full WOT video once i do.

yeah and the duratec V6 is used in the contour with an MTX-75 but it doesnt drop in or bolt to my MTX-75 either.

i am having tons of fun with the turbo and cant wait to get the few minor kinks out of the way. ill get a full WOT video once i do.

nothing illegal I hope. :)

Jesus guys, the guy slaps a turbo on HIS mtx Zetec and you guys jump all over him for not going with the 3.0L. He's putting down 3.0L numbers with what he has. Personally I think it is pretty cool.

Jesus guys, the guy slaps a turbo on HIS mtx Zetec and you guys jump all over him for not going with the 3.0L. He's putting down 3.0L numbers with what he has. Personally I think it is pretty cool.

I dont think it's directed towards him, just the people who think it will surpass modded 3L's. which it won't.

I think its very cool to see a zetec that actually is getting heavily modded, props to Striker2.

that is some hat ass **** right there. really big props on getting that done. where are the pics?

i am sure it is very quick and all but being faster than engines with .5-1L larger displacement and the same mods is stuff stories about beating lightnings are made of.

if i had money id be paying you to do this to mine... darn being a poor highshool kid

Yeah, same weight as v6.

If you did any research at all you wouldn't have posted this at all.:nonono:

Zetec has been around enough to build a bulletproof block for poor man change. As far as the 2.3 Duratec, hasn't been around too long, not to mention the fact the swap would be A LOT more difficult with little gained, if anything at all.

As far as the iron block comment, there is nothing wrong with it. There is not much weight savings, especially in a 2L. If it is so bad, why are there 1000 WHP Evos with the 4G63 (has the iron block).:shrug:

Oh no, I said Evo.....:rolleyes:

As for my opinion, the car is strong. The car with more boost and a proper exhaust will be a sleeper, especially to all of you with Duratecs.:blackeye:

Yeah, you're right.. I'm clueless.

again, i mention turbo tom. people gave him all kinda of crap even when he was making something like 500hp with his zetec focus. i did a quick google search but i found nothing...he was all over the focus forums from what i remember.

it's not liek the time or money is coming out of your pocket, so what's the problem?

I'm not attacking him, i'm attacking aliasjerk's idiocy... well actually I do think it's a waste of money too when you could get a duratec for not much more money and have a better base.

Whatever... i'm just a big dumb retard... continue doing whatever you want.

the only engine bay shot i have at the moment but i will get some more shortly.

101_0411.jpg

hey alaisjerk, the way the piping is put on his zetech isnt it the same way it was put on mxracers stang, that droped a big turd(inter-cooler pipe) at everyone on the freeway?

i am sure it is very quick and all but being faster than engines with .5-1L larger displacement and the same mods is stuff stories about beating lightnings are made of.

I almost **** myself laughing you moron!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dan looking nice man, It was a pleasure running aroud a bit on the highway with another Contour legend man...Congrats!

Last edited:
if i had money id be paying you to do this to mine... darn being a poor highshool kid

BTW, change your sig. Its nearly impossible to do a 3L conversion on a contour with a 2.0L, you would have to swap the trans, the subframe, the computer and so on and so fourth. Its a mess.

Striker2: how many psi did you say you were running? Without reinforced hose clamps? Those look like ebay crap.

Back