• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some pics of my svt

Project SVT

Veteran CEG'er
Well decided I would get some pics of my car finally up. I've owned the car since October '07. I've got some decent things done to it just to make it nicer. I wanna swap a 3L and sc it but that'll be awhile down the road. After swaping the jdm motor into my probe and all the hassle with it, i just wanna make it nice and reliable.

Future Plans - KYB struts with eibachs, and maybe some other small mods.
Well onto the pics, they where done at night so they aren't super great but they are decent I think, and the evo cf hood shot sorry it's kinda blurry, i need to invest in a tripod.

Well enjoy, and let me know what you think

dsc02236mediumuu3.jpg

dsc02252mediumac7.jpg

dsc02256mediumqz3.jpg

dsc02250mediumsn5.jpg

And probably my most favorite right now....
dsc02254mediumer6.jpg

Last edited:
Dont waste your money on KYB struts when the BAT stuff shouldnt be that much more? And which "JDM" engine did you drop in a Probe?

Car is looking good. Like the wheels too. But what happened to the center caps? :confused: Besides that keep up the good work and keep her clean!

Oh and is your camera made by HP? Mine does the same thing! if you don't use the flash, the camera works as it if was built in 1912...Exposure time of a eleventy billion seconds and it blurrs the shoots to hell. But if you have it still(like sitting on the ground, or on a tripod) it takes great shots. :blackeye:

this thread nees more klze powered probe's:drool: my mx6 is SCREAMING for a ze/colt cams and equal length headers:laugh:

Oh and is your camera made by HP? Mine does the same thing! if you don't use the flash, the camera works as it if was built in 1912...Exposure time of a eleventy billion seconds and it blurrs the shoots to hell. But if you have it still(like sitting on the ground, or on a tripod) it takes great shots. :blackeye:

Increase your ISO, should make the shutter speed faster.

However, in that little light, you will need to shoot fast and at a small aperture. Or use flash.

well the "jdm" engine is the KLZE for the probe.
and kyb gr-2 struts are like 250 total shipped.
and the fact that i want eibach springs so the bat setup won't work unless i just buy their struts and honestly i'd prefer not to.

and my camera is a sony cybershot 6mp blah blah blah or something. It's a decent camera but has a issue with nite pics.

and yes the klze probe's are amazing. mine is currently waiting, i'm selling all my turbo stuff so i can get a clutched eaton m62 and go that route.

I had a probe long ago. Ran it till it had 230,000 on the original tranny and motor:shocked: Then the clutch went and the tranny followed right after, lol. I was gonna swap in a ZE motor until i came across my SVT that I own now. But this isn't probetalk, its CEG. so...nice tour!!! I'm digg'in the hood:cool:

are you on probetalk? screenname? there's other jdm engine..kfze 2.0v6 170hp,i know of someone who put that engine in...:help: did you go curve neck or straight neck? probinator eprom or megasquirt

btw..your tour looks amazing:eek:

yea i'm on probetalk ProjectSVT is the name, and well i don't truly count those as JDM motors...lol
i went straight neck because the curve just looks like a mx3 motor. And right now i just have window switches. but plan on going megasquirt.

and thanks

well the "jdm" engine is the KLZE for the probe.
and kyb gr-2 struts are like 250 total shipped.
and the fact that i want eibach springs so the bat setup won't work unless i just buy their struts and honestly i'd prefer not to.

It just seems like a waste to put KYB struts on the car when the Eibachs will just wear them out.

Wearing out is the least of worries. Those struts just plain suck arse! Don't know who started saying they are good. Wish I wouldn't have listened when SHO ppl talked them up and I bought a set for the one I had. Complete rubbish!

well :censored::censored::censored::censored:. I guess if everyone says they are bad guess i won't get them. I was just wanting eibachs. But if i'm going to spend 600-700 bucks on suspension i'll save the little bit more and get ksports.

Well you cant slap sport springs on a regular strut and expect much. They wont have enough damping to control the spring AND the spring rates will wear it out pretty quick meaning you'll have even less damping. Do you already have the eibachs ordered or do you just know thats what you want?

i want eibachs, i've had them on previous cars and they are great.
While i'm sure the BAT stuff is good i just can't justify the cost of BAT struts then eibachs on top of it.

and a few people on the bored have kyb gr2 struts with eibachs and no complaints. As well as buddies of mine have them on there cars and no problems...

i was planning on going with the BAT with the eibach option but decided for the ectra 200 id just go full coil over with the ksports. ive heard nothing but good things about them.

yea i've had no issues with the ksports on the pgt and i want them, but i was just gonna go the cheaper route since it's my daily driver

Back