• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SoCal driving to NoCal

svtracer214

CEG'er
SoCal guys, I am going to do the unthinkable and drive North (lots of gasping I know). The gentleman parting out his SVT has stuff I need and I am going up to get it next week.

Is anyone interested in anything from the car, let me know and I may be nice and pick it up for you (just hook me up with some gas money) or we can car pool up there if you want.

Please let me know so I can organize my trip (I am going to try for Tue. Wed. or Thr).

the owner of the car being partying out

the owner of the car being partying out

98 svt contour 3.0 blown cylinder

msds header
spec 2 clutch and light flywheel
short shirter
koni struts and springs.
k&n filter from sho shop
magnaflow mufflers
sho shop y pipe
16 inch svt rims with new tires less then 6,000 miles
great suspension
al interior parts
and extrior parts
a set of svt heads god condition
also a set of 3.0 heads

everything must go. or ill be burning the car down.

Last edited:
i emailed the guy and got a quick reply saying he was going to send me pictures and that the koni's were spoken for; i never got a reply what was officially left nor did i get the pictures :mad:

i NEED a MNB glovebox + svt grille

The two posts are related. I am getting the side skirts off his car (the car is black).

Just to be clear - I am willing to make the drive, but I am not willing to front the cash for everyone's needs.

i emailed the guy and got a quick reply saying he was going to send me pictures and that the koni's were spoken for; i never got a reply what was officially left nor did i get the pictures :mad:

i NEED a MNB glovebox + svt grille

I didn't have any luck with email either, but he has been very responsive with PM's. Send him a PM and work out a price.

I didn't have any luck with email either, but he has been very responsive with PM's. Send him a PM and work out a price.

don't u think it's a waste of time for anybody to drive up there just to look and see if they want the part, since there are no pics? just my .02 ....

pics

pics

sorry guys ill be taking pictures today. ive just been really busy looking or another car after work. and yes you guys can reach me on pms better. the color of the interior is midnight blue. the interior is in good condition. the body is too, just small dents. but like i said ill post pictures of it tonight. ill be stripping the car this weekend. a guy from san jose wants the shell of the car.

heres the pictures

heres the pictures

100_1045.jpg

100_1044.jpg

100_1042.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1039.jpg

100_1035.jpg

100_1034.jpg

100_1031.jpg

100_1030.jpg

I am leaving tomorrow morning at 6am.

Last chance to help a guy with a broken car out - oh and get some stuff you need too.

haggle the guy about the pieces i want i'll pay you for it

shipping costs alot for gloveboxes + small plastic bits i guess :shrug:

He is a very nice guy who (like all of us) has lost a lot of cash by having a CSVT. We have both been through multiple engines in the past year (3L get expensive when you break them - repeatedly). I feel his pain.

You should have reached out to me sooner, I would have gladly picked your stuff up for you. Now I am going to bed so I can get an early start tomorrow.

I'm Back

I'm Back

Well the drive wasn't too bad (under 4.5 hours each way) and mjsvt is a really cool guy. It's too bad he will no longer have a CSVT. If you guys need stuff for your car I encourage you to reach out while you still have a chance. He really is going to throw out everything that doesn't sell and with parts for our cars becoming increasingly difficult to find that is a waste.

There are more things I want but do not have the funds for. Hopefully one of you will get them.

Glad you make it back safe and sound, how the 3L hold up? PM me about the parts we talked about.

Not sure what you mean about the parts that we talked about? I am going to make molds of the side skirts so I can start to make fiberglass pieces, but I have no idea how long this will take since I have never done it before (or if they will look good enough to put on a car).

The 3L is a champ, it ran great (I may have gotten it right this time) and I got over 24 mpg on the trip. I spent the same on gas as I did on parts.

Back