• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So I was washing my car yesterday

The Digital Slacker

Hard-core CEG'er
and I noticed a bunch more nicks and scratches then i remembered. Makes me pretty sad that its not as nice as I remember. I almost want to give up trying to keep it nice. Sorta wish I had the money to totally restore it from the ground up but that is thousands of dollars.:cry:

yeah it only happened to the best of us...i was getting into my 8 few days ago and realized someone hit my door handle with something...black scratch.

its not even 2 weeks old yet.

Why dont you just get it re-sprayed? dont want to spend the money?

Nope! The car needs new brakes and the engine consumes a ton of oil. I'll fix the brakes due to it being a safety issue as soon as it gets a tad bit warmer but aesthetics of the car will have to due. I'm hoping to get myself into one of the new fiesta's but I doubt that will happen until I get a house.

I'll post some pictures of the mazda in the near future but its wet and dirty right now. Wish I had the camera yesterday when i was done waxing it with the porter cable machine!

ahh.. so it needs a bit of work. With the engine burning up all the oil, have you thought of an engine swap/3L. That and brakes with some paint would make it a good car again and much cheaper. Then you have some extra money in your pocket(vs a new car) for the house.

I know your pain. I can get downright depressed while I'm detailing our cars and notice all the little imperfections. It's hard not to let them bother you when they're staring you in the face, merely inches away. :(

I kinda like having a beater for this reason. I have a piece of aluminum for a rocker panel, and 8 or 9 gigantic key marks. Oh, and a small chunk of my bumper is missing. No big deal I guess.

I love my paint so much I usually end up throwing my keys on the trunk when I get gas. The more I beat her up the more she loves me. Sort of a trailer park romance. I bet she's happy on the inside and that's all that matters. Wow. I sound like a dork.

Lot's of battle damage on the Pearl, too. Makes me sad to see the chips in the front when it just got re-painted in Oct., but that's what happens I guess. Still looks pretty goood for having almost 200K miles.

I cleaned up the mirko tonight and it has some stone chips in it too. So sad. I need to find a way to get it to stop rubbing paint off the front bumper when I put it on. Maybe felt on the back or something. Anyone got ideas?

Don't give up Doug. She's still pretty. :)

I love my paint so much I usually end up throwing my keys on the trunk when I get gas. The more I beat her up the more she loves me. Sort of a trailer park romance. I bet she's happy on the inside and that's all that matters. Wow. I sound like a dork.
That made me LOL!

well... i dont think were going to spray our vehicles with bedliner... but it would be interesting on a P5
Spraying it on is overrated, get a roller and go to town. :)

Back