• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So, I get few calls from the dealer about my trade in

Joey

Hard-core CEG'er
Not once, but three times. Actually found it a little odd...

They called me first to ask about what mods I had done to the car. Since most of them were taken off, they were mainly concerned to know if the car was chipped as they wanted to possibly sell the car with a warranty. I then get a call asking about the window tint and who had installed it...

Finally, I get a call...the car sold to a guy in Missouri. Apparently flew into town, bought the car, and drove home in it. Supposedly he wanted to buy the original SVT wheels for the winter time (have them under agreement with another CEG’r, so it wouldn’t have flown well).

Anyway, I'm kinda sad about it going so far away...I figured I'd see someone driving the car around every now and then, but hopefully CEG will have a new member soon...

BTW, the SVT, which I was told would go directly to auction by all dealerships and was told by Subaru that it was in 'poor' condition because of the mileage (77,777 @ trade), sold in less than 1 month from Mazda main lot and was also driven regularly by the sales manager during that time. BTW...that Spec B I wanted almost 2 months back but could not negotiate the trade in, it's still sitting there. :D I hope it rots on their lot…

Back