• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So...how many forward facing lights can you have?

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
I think I might have one or two too many...

(the covers are still on them)
IMG_0467.jpg

you still have room for some under the bumper and the windshield frame:shrug:

I almost got a set of lights that will sit on the front crossbar of my bike rack on the mazda,

It gives it a pretty distinct look over every other car like yours out there.

you still have room for some under the bumper and the windshield frame:shrug:

Under the bumper? Nah...I'd rather not rip them off on a rock. As for in front of the windshield...I think more 6" lights would be a visual obstruction for me.

under the bumper and behind the grille too lol How can you see where you're going with that dim candle light? :)

Haha, I had the covers off earlier...but I didn't adjust them yet. They shine pretty damn far as it is...lol. I literally have 2 inches of space between the grill and the radiator.

I think nine lights is plenty for me right now considering they seem to shine for over 100 feet ahead of me. I may at some point get some to go on the sides and rear though.

Since this thread involves the roof of my rig...I finally have a roof rack. It's only been without one for about a year and a half now. :laugh: Although now it has three cross beams instead of two.

So far it just runs a tiny bit rougher if I turn them all on. The needle on the gauge barely goes below 14. It normally operates around 14.5.

Time for a more powerful alternator and bigger battery, assuming you have plans for more lights! lol

I'm going to probably pick up a 136 amp alternator from a V8 Dakota. I do have plans on running a dual battery system at some point.

I still can't believe you have nine lights. :laugh: You need to add one more for an even number. ;)

Lol, negative! I ran out of ideas on how the hell to make the wiring look decent....so another wire/relay/inline fuse is just not cool.

Yes, the relays are stupid crooked. Blame that on my lack of patience.
Yes, that's a massive cluster of inline fuses right by the battery.

1-1.jpg

It's too damn wet/cold/windy to take a decent picture, but this is all I got.

109_0382.jpg

This makes me want to build a rally bar for my 'tour...

Actually, the lightbar I bought is universal. They sell special brackets to make it work on a car without rain gutters. Obviously mine has rain gutters, but by universal I mean I had to cut off 11" from the cross bar that the lights mount to. 5.5" on each side.

Back