• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow!

rouar

fixer
Admin
Ok. Not much. Well ... "barely even noticeable" is a better phrase. But I saw some tiny wet flakes coming down with the drizzle this evening.

Funny story. Whenever we had the first snow of the season, to keep my sister and myself in the house my mom would have us help bake a cake. This went on for years, but apparently my mom didn't realize she had made it a tradition until we were both in high school and came home demanding a cake since it had snowed :)

This "snow" isn't going to stick or anything, heck it was still 40° according to my car this evening. But it is a definite wakeup call that winter is just around the corner (and I have to buy an ice scraper)!

Crap! I hate the cold. This means I have to warm my car up so I don't look like a dumbass with my WICKED FREAKING LOUD Zetec tick and sticky shifting tranny :(. Not to mention I hate scraping ice and hate the fogginess of my defroster. Gotta get on that cabin air filter change. GO AWAY WINTER UGH I HATE YOU.

Oh trust me, I hate the cold too. But I love the snow. It was so frustrating to live in Boston where it never really snowed - just freezing rain that puddled into 3" thick sheets of ice in the driveway trapping my car for days on end. I was looking forward to moving to NH simply because although it might be colder, at least we get some good snow here. :)

I think 60° and blizzarding would be one of my favorite weather conditions (next to 75° with torrential downpours, and of course 78° and sunny). Too bad it's an impossibility!

i dislike snow..but i hate rain!
and it always rains on days i dont want it to.
tonight i had to rake my leaves now i can't...bah

I mow mine up.
I either mow the lawn liek normal and it ppicks up the leaves at the same time, or i blow them all to one side of the yard and then mow them up.
shreds them up so i can fit more per bag.
the first year in my house i did about 50 bags a week for two or three weeks.
since i have been mowing them, i have cut it down to below 20 bags.

What's wrong with all of you? :shrug: If you are confused; yes, you do live in New England. It gets cold in the winter. What I do when it gets cold is I go outside and enjoy the weather. No bugs, no sweating, and no traction make for a good time! I'm not super happy with the SVT because I could really go for a nice AWD car thats better on bumpy VT roads. Eh, I guess I'm just very sensitive to the fact that winter is the best season.​

I do like the no bugs thing. I hate the "dark out when I get out of work" thing. I'm just a big hater. Hate hate hate hate hate!

All in all, I'd venture a guess that the general displeasure expressed about winter is a function of having been exposed to it for all these years. Ever see a southerner's reaction when it snows? It borders on jubilation, in my experience.

I used to ski a ton. I've even got a pair of 200 cm Olin racing skis waiting to be tuned. Unfortunately, every ski season I find myself tripping over my job. Work all week, then Friday comes, and I'm not in the mood to trek it on up to ski country with all the required objet d'art.

As I've gotten older, I have less use for winter. At present, I'm ready for July. Looking forward to that. :cool:

Yeah winter used to be pretty cool (no pun intended), but now it's just kind of lame. Granted there's ALWAYS a way to keep warm, so it is probably the most comfortable season, but when it comes to cars, it's a PITA. Silly windshield frost..

i hate the transition from summer to fall, then fall to winter but i cant wait for ski season!...night skiing is the balls and thats the only time im glad it gets dark early, other than that i hate the fact it gets dark so early

i hate the transition from summer to fall, then fall to winter but i cant wait for ski season!...night skiing is the balls and thats the only time im glad it gets dark early, other than that i hate the fact it gets dark so early

i hate the winter but i cant wait for night balls thats the only time i get laid early

huh??

We had a dusting on our deck about 1.5 weeks ago. The forecast calls for 1-3" of snow tomorrow (6"+ in the mountains). Be thankful your weather is somewhat moderated by the Atlantic Ocean.:laugh:

I'm anxiously waiting to get my blizzaks on my winter rims. It's been getting cold here lately, colder than i remember it being last year (where i don't even think we got our first snow until like january). I ordered two online from some tirerack rip-off (do not buy tires from mavistire.com!!). They were the only palce that had the size/model i needed.

Not only did they ship me the completely wrong tire, late - i might add...then the guy tells me he's sorry and i'll have to wait another week for fedex to return the package and for them to locate and ship the correct tire!

Gah! I managed to get the guy to agree to advance ship me the correct tires while i dropped the wrong ones off at fedex. They should be here tomorrow. But i swear, i will never stray from tirerack again! Well, as long as they have the size i need!

I did get my genuine volvo rubber floor mats. I got dark grey since they're probably gonna get real dirty. They fit real nice and are real deep so they should protect the carpet well.

I'm actually excited about winter this year! I wanna do some 4wd drifting!

I did get my genuine volvo rubber floor mats. I got dark grey since they're probably gonna get real dirty. They fit real nice and are real deep so they should protect the carpet well.
Good plan. I've been thinking of getting some for the Maxima (if I can find them). It's scary how filthy the inside can become during winter.

i've been having to scrape frost off my car for weeks now. not to mention that my ice scraper only scrapes off a 1 centimeter line across my windshield so it takes unbelievably long to clear off my windows. :mad:

ironically enough i actually love winter.

i've been having to scrape frost off my car for weeks now. not to mention that my ice scraper only scrapes off a 1 centimeter line across my windshield so it takes unbelievably long to clear off my windows. :mad:

ironically enough i actually love winter.

How can you love winter? You're always cold :crazy:

Back