• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Skunkworks Autosport Tru Duals Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
Group buy is open.

These will be made in groups of 3 or more soo what that mean is I will not order the parts for just one setup. It will be first on the list first to be made. Obviously it takes time for me to make these, and get all the parts. Like with all of the Skunkworks Autosport group buys updates will be posted in this thread.

When there is 3 or more people I will inform those people where to paypal including shipping. When you put your name on the list also post your zip code.

You would have a few options as far as mufflers,resonators, cats and tips, also would be 2" piping. This would be for under the gas tank as pictured. Obviously if you wanted a H pipe it would be more as well as certain other features. All the bends would be mandel not crush bends.

Could possibly work out something so that it bolts to the back of the Nautilus Performance down pipe for the turbo kit to make use of the 2 2" pipes.

Remember this is a true dual kit that will show up at your door that you can bolt on yourself. Not have to take it to a muffler shop. No other company is offering anything even in the same neighborhood as this.
Many CEG'rs have paid over $1200 for custom true duals. Obviously I should state that this would be for offroad use only, especially if you where to go without cats.

Off the top of my head these are the company's that i would deal with.
Spintech
Vibrant
Thermal
Magnaflow
Dynomax
Dr. Gas

Alright I have priced everything out and this is what you would get.

An Aluminized 2" tru duals with flex pipes, all mandel bends, the pipes to connect to the exhuast manifolds/headers, Spintech or Thermal mufflers and choice of tips. It will show up and all you have to do is bolt it up to the manifolds, put on 2 exhuast clamps(or have it welded) and hang the exhuast.

You choice of tips
http://www.thermalrd.com/tips.htm
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...38fd78287c77cc

$650 plus shipping

If you want to add on parts heres the prices
Cats $180 for vibrant High flow ceramic cats
H pipe $100
Resonators depends on model wanted
Extra bungs $25 dollars per bung
Different mufflers? If you want Different mufflers remove $125 from the price then add the cost of the ones you want.
Full Stainless steel exhuast? I can get cost put its probably gonna be cost to double

Attenion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disclaimer: This dual exhuast passes under the gas tank. Skunkworks Autosport and Myself are not liable for imporperly installed exhuast systems. There should be a heatsheild installed to minimize the amount of heat that is transfered to the gas tank area. Improperly installed exhuast systems can lead to melted gas tanks and a fire hazard. If Skunkworks Autosport feels that you do not have the mechanical apptitude to install this exhuast it will not be sold to you.

Pictures:
DSC01310.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01318.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

Video is of a 2" Tru dual with 2 18" magnaflow resonators and 2 spintech mufflers

Tru Duals with Magnaflow:

0330071629.jpg

0330071629a.jpg

0330071753.jpg

0330071754.jpg

Had to brighten the crap out of this one, that's why the picture quality is bad.

0330071815abright.jpg

If you could, Could you get Drive-Bys and such?
Exhaust sounds Different when there is an actual Load on the motor.

edit:
Also is this on a 2.5? Any mods?

on a 2.5
Umm does like every suspension mod count??
LOL stock except K&N and new plugs wires etc

where exactly are you located steeda? and how much would shipping to livonia michigan cost if ur not local enough for pickup

Shipping to Livonia about 100 bucks since I'm in Garden City :)

Or free if you wanted to pick it up :)

power up date:

Stock: 165hp 144tq Pure Tuning Mustang Dyno

Only change was tru duals
Duals: 180hp 166tq

Do you have the graphs for the before/after dynos? Those peak numbers are great... I'm just curious how they compare across the range. Also, what would shipping be to 85032 for res and for business?

Oh.... did you ever get a newer video of your current setup (magnaflow w/o rasp)?

There is some in-car videos of it on Gingerman Raceway should be able to tell what it sounds like inside.

Heres my stock graph
DSC01079.jpg

With the Tru Duals
DSC01440.jpg

Last edited:
I am surprised this isnt taking off now that you posted your HP/TQ gains. If I had a little extra $ I would be all over this, already have some MSDS headers sitting in the basement. This would be a better deal then getting an aftermarket y-pipe and exhaust......and a lot better HP/TQ gains

.....I keep watching your classifieds add, hoping nobody snatches it up before I come up with a little extra $$$

The exact exhuast I have on my car will be for sale once the turbo goes on. Then I will probably make a single 3" add on for the Turbo guys

those hp/tq gains are incredible will you always have these available. or is this a one time deal . I need time to come up with the cash.

I would get this right now if I wasn't a chicken s#*& about it running under the gas tank. I need a new exhaust.

I have heatshields that can be purchased to protect the gas tank. I don't have shields and there is no issue at all.

Not sure how long I will make them rance. Come up with the money and ill fab it up onto your car.

power up date:

Stock: 165hp 144tq Pure Tuning Mustang Dyno

Only change was tru duals
Duals: 180hp 166tq

Those are some pretty impressive numbers. what do you think the estimated power lost would be if you opted for the high-flow cats?

a few HP at most. The cats I use are straight through design so should work exteremly well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back