• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Skunkworks Autosport Double Din group buy Interest Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
Who would be interested in this? The group buy would include wire to relocate your hvac(you would still have to get vaccum lines and fittings) and one bezel for a double din setup. I think I have 6 different colors here for wiring so that would help in the ease of install.

Also if you where gonna do a Carputer I could get rid of the dimmer switch and put a USB port there for add ons. Obviously would cost more plus the cost of the USB wiring. Any other custom ideas I could do as well.

here are final primered pics

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

It takes about 10 hours to complete each one so with drying time and everything it ussually means about 3 weeks.

Price would be $175 + $30 core for the stock radio bezel
or if ten or more people then
$150 + $30 core for the stock bezel.

Price is good, Id charge at least 200 with all the plastic welding and filling / sanding involved!

I would think soo. I can't remember what the cougar bezel looks like soo if you could get me a pic i could tell you 100% or not

I found some pics online. Seems the cougar already has a double din?

Last edited:
I'm interested as my 8 year old pioneer premier is about to bite it soon I think. The only thing that scares me is relocating the HVAC controls...

Will this even work on a pre98 or am I just talking out my a$$ for no reason?

I'm interested as my 8 year old pioneer premier is about to bite it soon I think. The only thing that scares me is relocating the HVAC controls...

Will this even work on a pre98 or am I just talking out my a$$ for no reason?

It will work and acttually be easier to relocate the HVAC as you have the din slot in the center counsel.

No you could relocated to the glove box, or the center consel or anywhere you want it to. The pre-98 center has the extra din slot already

I am tentatively down for this but will need a bit of "tech support" when it comes time to relocate the HVAC stuff. I guess the boost controller will have to find somewhere else to live.

Not a problem with the Hvac relocate its pretty easy. Let me know what you decide

Im gonna start workiing on the HVAC relocation when i get back from texas next week. It will be alot of work to do what im gonna do and obviously won't be included with the double din bezel. Easiest thing would be to put in the glove box.

Also to have this bezel in a pre 98 would require to change the center counsel a little bit to make it mount correctly. I can't say 100% it will work.

LOL ya i could judge and it would be way cheaper since they already have a kit for it LOL

when i put gauges in my hvac holes, i put the hvac controls under the steering column, i was able to pull enough harness and vacuum lines to make it near perfect. i didnt extend a thing, but it does just kinda chill their, i should zip tie it or something.

also, steeda those look very nice!

i think the hvac should be placed under the head unit that way its still reachable. close to the same place and looks some what normally placed

just my opion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back