• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

should i buy this or no?

Svt44

CEG'er
2003 3.0 Engine out of a Taurus with about 60k miles on it. Complete minus accessories, heads are off the block and a few sensors (bought while I lived in Florida) Extra Set of SVT CAMs with 85k miles on it. (bought online from a local Ceg'er) 2.5L Valve Covers 2.5L Timing Cover 3.0L Escape Oil Pan Buzaki Plates for porting the 3.0L to match a Split port

Im not sure if I need a new motor in my svt something is locking up my wheels but hey a 3L isa nice upgrade

Depends in the price. 03 Taurus with 60k shouldn't be very expensive. FYI I picked up my 05 Escape 3.0L complete (minus accessories) with 43k on it for $400. If your spending more then $300 I think you could do better.

Depends in the price. 03 Taurus with 60k shouldn't be very expensive. FYI I picked up my 05 Escape 3.0L complete (minus accessories) with 43k on it for $400. If your spending more then $300 I think you could do better.

Plus the heads have been removed. Thats a couple hundred for the new bolts. You can port the heads on the block if you get an intact motor. Depends on a lot - storage would be my big concern, especially with the heads removed.

Back