• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shootin' range

The white box ammo has been hi tand miss lately...we had 4 boxes that burned dirty as hell and had about 5 FTE out of each box. The price is right but be preparred for a long night of cleaning.....

The white box ammo has been hi tand miss lately...we had 4 boxes that burned dirty as hell and had about 5 FTE out of each box. The price is right but be preparred for a long night of cleaning.....

I put 100 rds of the WWB through it on saturday, and the shell casings were pretty dirty, a lot worse than I'm used to seeing, but no problems w/ them otherwise.

I probably will get the ATI stock eventually (one of the main reason for getting the 9mm, because ATI doesn't make a stock for the .40), but I think first I'm going to find a decent red dot sight for it. Thought about one of the cheapo BSA ones, but I think I want something a little nicer than that, but not crazy. Plus it would be nice to find one in a 2x . . . dunno yet, I've got a bunch of research to do. I think I might also get Hi-point's compensator for it if I put a red dot sight on there.

Again, check sportsman's guide for a range of red dots. Compensator? - please..it's a frikken pistol rnd, you puss! :rolleyes: :D

Hey, i need all the help I can get on second shot accuracy :D

Ok, the real reason is once you pull the front sight off, it looks like a BB gun, lol, so I figured something should go there, and the compensator adds some looks and a reasonable function for cheap, lol.

btw, I ended up grabbing an inexpensive Tasco red dot sight, almost identical to this one:
http://www.tasco.com/single.cfm?s=Riflescopes&family=Red Dot&product=bkrd30
but mine has a choice of either a red dot or green dot. So far it seems pretty cool, just from sighting down it, but i haven't gone to the range yet with it. One thing I didn't think about a lot, but made me glad I got a 1x sight was that you can keep both eyes open and have a full field of vision and still aim very well.

Back