• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seeking interest in a meet

SVTMiG

CEG'er
Well, with the EGL Superbowl meet up in confusion, I was trolling new posts and saw interest from some WGL folks in a meet. Since many G.R. area CEGers mill about the WGL pages I thought why not throw out the concept of a dual meet in Lansing?

There are numerous places that could work, including Hooters on the South side and B-Dubs, but that's in East Lansing just off campus and would be paid parking. There are tons of hole in the wall bars and big sports bars to pick from. There's a brand new one I'll look into (going right by it in 1-1/2 hours).
If anybody else knows Lansing and likes to choreograph, please step up. I'll do it if I gotta.:crazy:

So several EGL folks said 1-31-09 could work. How about the geographics?

yah like I said im down, I pm'ed todras to see if he wanted in, maybe rob(TX00SVT) and bill(starjammir) may be interested? I don't know much of lansing just the airport area because I use to deliever out there(UPS)

I might go depending on how much money I have left after going to the NAIAS on the 17th and how much I feel like driving. I hear the drive to Lansing is kinda crazy, I've never driven it myself before, so knowing my luck, I'd get lost in an instant, lol.

It's a possibility have to see how ambitious I am as it is an hour and a half drive anyone want to car pool? just a drag driving that far by yourself...

Well looks to be enough interest already. I'll be a bit busy the next couple days (The CSVT is down again, I'll save that rant for now:cry:) and out of town for the weekend. I ran short on time today to check out the bar in northern East Lansing that could just be perfect. I'll get back in the game next week. Offer still stands...anyone wants the glory of organizing speak up. Till then I'll keep at it.

It's a possibility have to see how ambitious I am as it is an hour and a half drive anyone want to car pool? just a drag driving that far by yourself...

where are you comming from? I know whatcha mean though man thats why I never made it to sping zing last year I didn't feel like driving 2 and a half hours by myself.

glenn, I would help ya but I don't know the lansing area very well and live a bit too far from it to just go look for bars.

I might go depending on how much money I have left after going to the NAIAS on the 17th and how much I feel like driving. I hear the drive to Lansing is kinda crazy, I've never driven it myself before, so knowing my luck, I'd get lost in an instant, lol.

This was to gauge interest, not a life story of money problems, driving (the oldest bit in the SEMI CEG:rolleyes:) distance and not being able to find it. Not trying to pile on, but its stuff like this that bogs it down, so in the future, everyone, just post if you can make it, not if you can't, thanks!

Mike in the morning drop..."don't write me a book kid!":laugh:

This was to gauge interest, not a life story of money problems, driving (the oldest bit in the SEMI CEG:rolleyes:) distance and not being able to find it. Not trying to pile on, but its stuff like this that bogs it down, so in the future, everyone, just post if you can make it, not if you can't, thanks!

Well, as soon as people say they can't make it, everyone wants to know why. Whether or not the reasons are valid in anyone else's eyes is inconsequential... they're valid to that particular person.

Things aren't ever going to be like they were 6-7 years ago... make the best of what we've got now.

YA YA YA I'll either try to get a ride with TX or take the Cougar, jeez guys you know me better than to drive my own cars!

It was the shock of you actually going to the meet is what made me:shocked: haha. The your car not going anywhere is a given lol.

Aaron

maybe rob(TX00SVT) and bill(starjammir) may be interested?

Sure, why not.

I could probably rock Lansing depending on the weekend since I work EOW.

You're coming.

Holy crap you're going to a CEG meet:shocked:?

Aaron

You're one to talk.

HOLY :censored::censored::censored::censored:!!!!!! im gonna die of shock

And where the hell were you last weekend when I was drunk and getting :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ed out by some chick with huge bewbs about her superior WRX at Bill's house?

YA YA YA I'll either try to get a ride with TX or take the Cougar, jeez guys you know me better than to drive my own cars!

Guess I'm obligated now.

Well, as soon as people say they can't make it, everyone wants to know why. Whether or not the reasons are valid in anyone else's eyes is inconsequential... they're valid to that particular person.

Things aren't ever going to be like they were 6-7 years ago... make the best of what we've got now.

Yeah, I hear yah, but that was usually for the "old school" guys, not members who aren't as well known...yet that is. I'll check it out once the voting for spots appears:cool:

where are you comming from? I know whatcha mean though man thats why I never made it to sping zing last year I didn't feel like driving 2 and a half hours by myself.

glenn, I would help ya but I don't know the lansing area very well and live a bit too far from it to just go look for bars.

I'm in Pontiac...... and I'm okay with driving just seems silly to drive all that way by myself though I will.....

I'm thinking SVTMIG is the man with the plan.... as I know nothing about locals in lansing.....

You're one to talk.

And where the hell were you last weekend when I was drunk and getting :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ed out by some chick with huge bewbs about her superior WRX at Bill's house?

Ok reply for comment number 1, I have been to many CEG meets and/or have went to MI for the hell of it :cool:.

As for comment number 2 I heard of that and wished I was there as that chick sounded like a complete idiot. Oh and you trying to explain the situation to me while you were drunk was funny as hell haha.

Aaron

Back