• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SE front splitter project

kscontourkid

Veteran CEG'er
Ok i figure we should start a thread for the SE front splitter project so as not to take away anymore than we have from the SVT reproduction bumper.

moving on...

what do we have for interest in an SE front splitter to match the SE sideskirts?
AliasJerk? have any words?

that is primarily what i am basing it on i can try a basic sketch on paint and give an idea of what i would like to change about it. if anyone has some photoshop skillz to put some SE sideskirts on that car it would give a much better idea of what im getting at.

338823_42_full.jpg

Ok here is the butchered version...
338823_43_full.jpg

i want to smooth out the side to match the SE skirts better(circled small) then i want to add in a splitter across the front that might be black or something to that effect to set off the front. that is basically what i am drawing...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
well my method of making it would be. taking blue foam and gluing it to the bottom of the bumper to the depth you want the sides. then shaping from there till i get both sides about even. seal the foam. then lay fiberglass over it. might have to test and retry different methods of doing it.

i will definately make one. with enough intrest i can produce more as a Gb.

that is if and only if i like how the final product turns out.

sweet that sounds awesome. im furiously sketching to get a few angles so that you can get a real idea of what i have in mind. the foam idea crossed my mind but i dont have an extra bumper laying around...

the mach1 lip has been used on taurus',probe gt's,focus' and i'm sure the list goes on. it looks best on the probe gt,imho. i'd try to round the sides in a similar fashion to the sideskirts. why not just use the razzi front:shrug:

a year or two ago there was a guy that tried to get Mirko to do an SE front splitter, there was some minor mock up done, but like every group buy on CEG, however nobody really wanted it/could afford it, so the project was scraped.

either way, my SE is going to be gone as of tuesday.

the razzi doesnt look right. looks thrown together SVT knockoff. may as well buy an SVT kit. trying to make something to match the SE sideskirts with an aggressive leading edge.

no,i uderstand trying to make something different. the razzi really looks nothing like the svt front:shrug:

a year or two ago there was a guy that tried to get Mirko to do an SE front splitter, there was some minor mock up done, but like every group buy on CEG, however nobody really wanted it/could afford it, so the project was scraped.

either way, my SE is going to be gone as of tuesday.

WHAT THE ****!!?? you getting an SVT?

Back