• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

scratch remover

Easiest way to get rid of scratches is wet sand and buff. I have used that scratchx before and I didnt see a difference at all. So I dont believe in any of that stuff

Easiest way to get rid of scratches is wet sand and buff. I have used that scratchx before and I didnt see a difference at all. So I dont believe in any of that stuff

Depending on the severity of the scratch, wet sand may be the only solution. However, if the scratch is minor (contained w/in the clearcoat), ScratchX will atleast reduce the visible appearance of the defect. When I purchased my Jeep Grand Cherokee, it had a leaf inprint on the hood. Two applications of ScratchX and it was gone! I have removed/diminished a lot of defects w/ ScratchX. The key to this product is multiple applications, with a lot of "passion" used during the application process.

hey that link was wonderful. thanks guys. last time i washed my car i realized that in some places near the side skirt i have color chipped away and the primmer showing through. looks almost like there was contaminants on to long that bonded to the paint and took the paint with it. it would have been there from the old owner. I'm going to try some touch ups in places you cant see first. thanks again.

Back