• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RPMs jump after clutch is pushed in...

99cougar

CEG'er
I know some cars have the throttle hang issue, but mine isn't that...i don't think. After i removed my secondaries a while back the RPMs would just about 500 after i pushed the clutch in while switching gears. It makes the car kinda aggrivating to drive during city driving. I was wondering if there was a way to tune this out. I am pretty sure it has to do with the secondary plates not being there anymore because it only started after i removed them.

I thought i saw in the SCT software a while back that there was a value you could change that would reduce this "flare" as the software called it. I specifically remember the description of the function saying, "If the engine flares after the clutch is depressed it may be necessary to lower this value" or something like that. Anyone know where this value is...because i cannot find it again...i know it's there! lol

Tom? YOu remember seeing this in one of your many hours of looking thru Advantage?

Back