• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Royal Purple after thoughts...

I used Lucas Tranny fluid with Ford synthetic for years in my ATX-CD4E!!:eek:
Also installed a cooler on it.
Never rebuilt it. All was original and never gave me an issue.
And it's bloody cold up here in Manitoba in the Winter guys!
Good results but this is about MTXs:shrug:.
I've also seen good results with Lucas ATX trans fluids/stop slip and an aftermarket or larger OEM cooler is always a good idea.
-J

I used Lucas Tranny fluid with Ford synthetic for years in my ATX-CD4E!!:eek:
Also installed a cooler on it.
Never rebuilt it. All was original and never gave me an issue.
And it's bloody cold up here in Manitoba in the Winter guys!

With all due respect, this thread is about manual transmissions, not automatic transmissions.

I am using a custom blend by Specialty Formulations. It is called MTL-R. No association to the Redline product. This is a custom blend, recommended by Bob's oil site, made to replace low viscosity MTX fluid with a durable and viscous synthetic gear oil. After 25k and 2 winters the fluid has performed remarkable. Flawlessly even. Much better then the Ford Honey or the Pennzoil mix I have used before... It is also less then half the price!

I am using a custom blend by Specialty Formulations. It is called MTL-R. No association to the Redline product. This is a custom blend, recommended by Bob's oil site, made to replace low viscosity MTX fluid with a durable and viscous synthetic gear oil. After 25k and 2 winters the fluid has performed remarkable. Flawlessly even. Much better then the Ford Honey or the Pennzoil mix I have used before... It is also less then half the price!
Excellent, I'll look that up.
-J

Back