• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rotor Removal Question

Double check the How-to's to make sure you know the correct part #. I know autozone has the wrong part# listed in it's computers for our cars. Might want to check the old one to make sure the plugs match up. Myself, I used a Bosche from Autozone, I wanted to make sure it would last. Does the E-bay one have a brand name?

Sorry for the delayed update. We finally got the rotors off with my friend's torch. They're now hanging in my garage as trophies. Thanks again everyone for all the help and advice!:laugh:

Double check the How-to's to make sure you know the correct part #. I know autozone has the wrong part# listed in it's computers for our cars. Might want to check the old one to make sure the plugs match up. Myself, I used a Bosche from Autozone, I wanted to make sure it would last. Does the E-bay one have a brand name?
The auction I looked at listed a bunch of part #'s. The team ford parts website doesn't really make it clear if they're all the same, or if there is a difference between bank 1 and bank 2. Does anyone know if the bank 1 and bank 2 upstream sensors are the same? Thanks again.

not to be a nazi, but there are a TON of prior posts on this subject...did you try the search feature? :idea:

not only that, but the General Troubleshooting area will get you answers to these types of questions fairly quickly...especially when learning how to work on this car. :)

Last edited:
not to be a nazi, but there are a TON of prior posts on this subject...did you try the search feature? :idea:

not only that, but the General Troubleshooting area will get you answers to these types of questions fairly quickly...especially when learning how to work on this car. :)

I searched the site, but couldn't find the answer I needed. So I asked.

Christine, thanks for the links, they will help a lot. I'll take some pics of the rotors soon.

Sure thing. :)
I'll look forward to seeing what those rotors looked like by the time you got them off. :D

Back