• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rolling chassis w/o trans?

ssolomo

CEG'er
I'm thinking about sending my tranny to TH to get rebuilt and get a quaife put in, but before I commit to being without tranny for 2 weeks, do you have to have the tranny / half shafts connected for the front wheels and bearings to be attached and have a rolling chassis? Otherwise, I don't think I can ask for an available lift to stay open for 2 weeks...

And yes, this is why I'll have a mechanic do this work - only the basics for me.

Thanks,

Steven

The car isn't rolling anywhere w/o a trans. Maybe if you have some special dolly under it. The engine will have to be supported with something as well.

The car isn't rolling anywhere w/o a trans. Maybe if you have some special dolly under it. The engine will have to be supported with something as well.

Umm:shrug:

It will be a lot of work, but once you have the trans out, you could reinstall the struts into the front hubs, reconnect the steering, and endlinks and have a basic rolling chassis. You would have to somehow support the drivers side of the engine though.

Back