• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rocker Panel Replacements

I just called the Albany, NY Keystone warehouse. They can get the rocker panels but the price quoted was $64.80 each. Thats a lot more than the Ebay vendor even with shipping factored in. His part numbers were RRP1712 and RRP1713.

Just thought I'd update everyone here on this. I have a set of the rockers pictured. They do not have rear corners, so you'll have to fabricate those. Also, even when trimmed properly and welded at the right places, they will sit about 2mm further down than your fender on either side. Not very noticeable though, And if you do like I did and just line up the fender with a washer under the lower mount, you'd never know the rocker wasn't original.

Also, this may be blantantly obvious, but that metal is more than likely covered in oils from processing, so you'll need to wipe it down good with wax and grease remover a few times before you do anything.

My Pics

My Pics

Picture 001..jpgPicture 003..jpg

Here are a couple pics of mine.
The first one shows the rear near the wheel arch. I just held it in place to show where the replacement panel ends.
The second pic shows how the shape of the repair panel doesn't quite match the original (represented by a cardboard template). Not the end of the world but it will have to be massaged.

Any new progress pics?

Just thought I'd update everyone here on this. I have a set of the rockers pictured. They do not have rear corners, so you'll have to fabricate those. Also, even when trimmed properly and welded at the right places, they will sit about 2mm further down than your fender on either side. Not very noticeable though, And if you do like I did and just line up the fender with a washer under the lower mount, you'd never know the rocker wasn't original.

Also, this may be blantantly obvious, but that metal is more than likely covered in oils from processing, so you'll need to wipe it down good with wax and grease remover a few times before you do anything.

Back