• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Repelling or minimizing dust after wash/wax

m4gician

Hard-core CEG'er
Ya...

So most of you probably have had this done, but after a good day and a bit of washing, and waxing your car, even spray detailing it, you wake up the next day or even after a few hours and see it attracting dust like a magnetic. Part of that I can understand from all the rubbing, but is there anything out there to prevent that or stop that? Or should I just rub that bounce static sheet around the car? Or a swiffer cloth?

Your best bet would be a tool such as the CA duster. With such a light coating, there shouldn't be any issues going over your car w/ the duster.

Get two California dusters - one for the body and the other for the wheels. Never, ever switch the two unless you want scratches all over the paint. After one year throw away the wheel duster, switch the body one to the wheels and buy a new one for the body.

Use that Bounce dryer sheet only for removing pesky bug residue (wet it first and rub LIGHTLY). Works great.

Get two California dusters - one for the body and the other for the wheels. Never, ever switch the two unless you want scratches all over the paint. After one year throw away the wheel duster, switch the body one to the wheels and buy a new one for the body.

At less than $20 a pop, that is a very good recommedation! I've read reviews stating that the OXO duster is the best out there right now. It has a soft handle (will do LESS damage if dropped) and works good.

I always use a leaf blower to dry off my good car. It works especially well after an engine detailing to remove water from places where water shouldn't be. I don't care what the neighbors think as long as I'm not doing it at midnight.

Actually i'm going to try Klasse AIO and sealant next as I got a great deal on a PC :D.

I have a California Duster, and apparently, they're going for about $5-$8 at my local store :).

I have the Klasse combo on my car and it seems to do pretty good at not attracting dust. I did 2 coats of SG initiallyt and now every other wash or so, I apply some SG+water 4:1 via a spray bottle. It really maintains the slickness and shine.

so when you apply that SG formula you made (4:1) you just use it as your Quick detailer? I'm going to top mine with carnauba just to enhance that black shine,

I recommend P21S.
If you have a Harley Davidson shop near you, grab a can of thier S100 carnuba, you won't be sorry...

Last edited:
so when you apply that SG formula you made (4:1) you just use it as your Quick detailer? I'm going to top mine with carnauba just to enhance that black shine,

Yep, I just spray on and wipe off every other wash or so. Keeps the slickness and gloss. For black carnauba is probably a better choice.

Keep in mind carnaubas have a tendency to attract and hold dust. Synthetics have been designed to repel dust - many brands specifically point this out as an advantage over carnaubas.

Back