• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Removing Painted eyebrows

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok i'm thinking about redoing painted eyebrows, but I'm wondering what is the best way to remove them. Will paint thinner damage the plastic? Should i just sand the crap out of them? Any help would be appreciated.

i don't think paint thinner will remove them. paint stripper will and melt you head lights. your going to have to sand them off and then go up the finer grits all the way to plastic polish. its not going to be fun.

yeah thats what i thought. I really just want to smooth them out because I got some ripples and bumps in them during the painting. Painting in cold windy weather FTL! Hopefully i can just sand them down, spray on some primer, and repaint. Or i could just by some fiberglass ones to cover the whole thing up :laugh:

on your cardomain your headlights look hazed. so now would be a great time to do the wet sand to make them clear again. or just replace them but i see you have them hightowered.

yeah they were pretty clear looking before I hightowered them. It is about time to redo them. maybe when it get warmer. Thanks for your help

Back