• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

remote start

I got the remote start in, and I have it hooked up so I'm still retaining my clutch and cruise control normal functionality.

I got the remote start in, and I have it hooked up so I'm still retaining my clutch and cruise control normal functionality.

soo. how did you do it? where did you put it ? can you hook it up to a aftermarket alarm system?
i have a aftermarket system and everywhere i have asked they tell me no its against their policy to put on a stick only auto..
i would really love to do this on my svt

Ya I got a DEI clutch bypass module in mine. with a PATS bypass. what kinda remote start are you using (what make and model) I got the compustar 2wss

Last edited:
soo. how did you do it? where did you put it ? can you hook it up to a aftermarket alarm system?
i have a aftermarket system and everywhere i have asked they tell me no its against their policy to put on a stick only auto..
i would really love to do this on my svt

Ya I got a DEI clutch bypass module in mine. with a PATS bypass. what kinda remote start are you using (what make and model) I got the compustar 2wss

Answer to 1st question, I tapped two wires that connect to the push pin on the back side of the clutch pedal, the one closest to the firewall, I'll have to look the wires up again, but you hook them up to a relay that connects them when the remote start is activated, faking the car into thinking the clutch is pressed in....

2nd. I have a Viper 791xv

Good deal CSVT2004

I also have hooked up a couple of plunger switches soo that if your car is in gear it won't let the RS engage. I did that in my buddies Mustang

Good deal CSVT2004

I also have hooked up a couple of plunger switches soo that if your car is in gear it won't let the RS engage. I did that in my buddies Mustang

You should send me some pics of that so I can see it, I'd like to have something on my MTX as well to take care of that should it ever occur....

As for the wires to bypass...

Here's suggestion 101..... if you DON'T know how a RELAY works...... then you had better FIND SOMEONE who does....

Because I'm not reponsible if you hook crap up this way, or another way... and screw something up.... by reading this and using this information... you agree to release me from all liability of your future problems or mess ups. Heck I could be wrong and not know it.... so if you think something doesn't sound right... don't do it... find someone very experienced with electronics and have them help you....

I used a relay... pin 85 went to the blue wire on my remote start system.. which was a (-)200ma status output... when the remote start engages this wire connects to ground.....

Pin 86 went to (+)12v
Pin 87a normally closed - nothing
Pin 87 normally open - Connected to black/yellow wire coming from pin switch closest to firewall on clutch...
Pin 30 Common - Connected to black wire coming from pin switch closest to firewall on clutch....

Black/yellow and black can go on either pin 30 or 87, as long as they connect when the relay snaps on...

Also not for sure if 87a is the normally closed all the time or not, you'll have to look at your relay, they should have instructions and a diagram on the actual relay, just need to figure out what pins are common and normally open.... because if you choose common and normally closed, the wire will be connected when the relay is off, and then disconnect when the relay is on.... so make sure you get the right pins....
When the remote start kicks in, the relay energizes, connecting the black/yellow with the black and makes the car think the clutch is pressed in, and then the car starts... assumeing you have the PATS module and everything setup correctly....

These are the wires that worked for me.... Test your **** if your going to do this... I'm putting these here as recommendations... if you mess up your car following my directions it is not my fault... To determine if these wires were correct for mine, I put probes on them from my multimeter, and put it on continuity test. Then just pushed the pin in to see if the multimeter would beep at me.... and it did....

Last edited:
heres the easiest way, take the 2 wires from your clutch switch and run them to a simple togle switch. when you turn the switch on the car thinks that the clutch is pushed in, when the switch is turned off the circuit is broken-i.e. no contact-i.e. no start. put the switch in a secret spot and when you want to activate your remote start turn on the switch,take it out of gear aply e-brake. and as long as your pats bypass is installed properly it will remote start. when you want your cruise back flip the switch off and the car goes back to looking for the pedal. it worked for my mtx altima, sentra, civic, zx2, i have an auto tour but im sure it will work on your car too. good luck

heres the easiest way, take the 2 wires from your clutch switch and run them to a simple togle switch. when you turn the switch on the car thinks that the clutch is pushed in, when the switch is turned off the circuit is broken-i.e. no contact-i.e. no start. put the switch in a secret spot and when you want to activate your remote start turn on the switch,take it out of gear aply e-brake. and as long as your pats bypass is installed properly it will remote start. when you want your cruise back flip the switch off and the car goes back to looking for the pedal. it worked for my mtx altima, sentra, civic, zx2, i have an auto tour but im sure it will work on your car too. good luck

yeah... that's the retarded way to do it.... relays are simple... if you don't know how to use one then I'm sorry, your stupid... just wait till you forget to flip the switch and your cruise doesn't work.... because you can't reach your "secret spot". Plus most remote start units come with a separate bypass switch to disable the remote start from operating, the viper unit I have works on a ground basis.... if the wire is grounded... remote start works... if it isn't grounded.. remote start doesn't work.... Learn to use a relay, and do it the right way.... instead of the cheap way....

Back