• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

remote electric turbo scavenge pump

tone

CEG'er
what pump are people using ??? and can i used the sump plug as a return back rather than welding a fitting on the sump ?? anybody got any pics of there oil supply/return system for a reference

I do not know of anyone using a remote scavenge pump for their turbo oil system. If you did use a system like that the drain plug would probably work to return the oil to the pan but it will probably be really hard to find a fitting that has the same thread size as the drain plug.

The most common solution is to run a line from the bottom of the turbo to the front of the oilpan where there is a nice flat spot that works really well for welding/threading in a 90* elbow to receive the oil from the turbo. So, all that I know of have their turbo oil coming from the heads and draining via gravity back to the pan. If it wasn't 30*F outside I would snap some pics of mine.

Last edited:
what pump are people using ??? and can i used the sump plug as a return back rather than welding a fitting on the sump ?? anybody got any pics of there oil supply/return system for a reference

as said above nobody here requires one because their turbos are mounted high enough to be gravity drained back to the oil pan. it is still an option though if you dont want to tap the oil pan, the contour pan isn't really turbo oil return friendly, for those who have tapped theirs will agree. with he pump you could, for example, even tap a valve cover as return if desired. you could also pump through an oil cooler before returning to the engine which would be a great idea.

Back