• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Swaybar Upgrade and other General Suspension

I havent been able find any of the other sway bar options besides BAT. As for shocks, i really would like to do ground control with Konis. Detroit, where were you able to acquire the Konis?
Sorry didn't see you reply. THmotorsports. They were short on fronts 8710-1368sport so I found a guy on Amazon and he checked the inventory and found two front konis. The front struts are gonna be the hardest to find.

Be aware of THmotorsports - if they don't have an item in stock, I would suggest you NOT order from them. I waited two months and still no springs for my son's '86 Celica. Same excuse heard every week - will be shipping in the next week.

I am now thinking I may keep the car on stock springs and do just the rear sway bar and SFC's. Unless I find an insane deal on GC/koni setup or D2's its not worth it yet. The front struts are going bad but not undriveable at the moment.

Those prices are insane for the Koni's!

I just installed the D2's but the car is not road worthy at this point so I can not comment on ride quality or handling improvements. But they do make the car look nice!

Thmotorsports did good business with me. Maybe they figured out they can't exist AND screw ppl.
The word on a number of sites (Nissan site and a drifters site) is that they are great if the item is in stock. If not, prepare to wait for months in some cases - mine, then I cancelled after 3 months awaiting for lowering springs.

The word on a number of sites (Nissan site and a drifters site) is that they are great if the item is in stock. If not, prepare to wait for months in some case - mine, then I cancelled after 3 months awaiting for lowering springs.
Yeah i dealt with that on Amazon so i called them first.

Yeah i dealt with that on Amazon so i called them first.

Always a smart idea, as expectations are set. I did this as well, and they would tell me two more weeks....after you hear the same story 4 or more times, you can't help but start to wonder why your purchase hasn't arrived....ultimately I was told the springs were held up in Customs.......like I really care; just ship me my springs already!!! Cancelled order at that point (3 months).

Always a smart idea, as expectations are set. I did this as well, and they would tell me two more weeks....after you hear the same story 4 or more times, you can't help but start to wonder why your purchase hasn't arrived....ultimately I was told the springs were held up in Customs.......like I really care; just ship me my springs already!!! Cancelled order at that point (3 months).
Yeah. When I called I got a guy's name (this was before putting the order in) and told him that I'd hold him to the expected time. In the event that time elapsed, I'd cancel and expect my refund within 3 to 4 days. I went through the same thing you went through with some company on Amazon for the Konis

I am now thinking that now may be the time to do all four struts and springs. My front strut mounts are sitting well above the frame and I have been hearing some clunking noises from up there. I don't have a picture, but I would say they are sitting 1/4" above the mounting point on the body.

Yeah. When I called I got a guy's name (this was before putting the order in) and told him that I'd hold him to the expected time. In the event that time elapsed, I'd cancel and expect my refund within 3 to 4 days. I went through the same thing you went through with some company on Amazon for the Konis

Yeppers, right with you. The absolute all time greatest customer service and prices have been with Autohaus AZ - http://www.autohausaz.com/?gclid=CMzwrt6pwcEC••••MgodknwAGA

I have used them for over 50 purchases of VW, Toyota, Ranger and Contour parts. They are admittedly limited in the amount of parts for some makes/models. You will NEVER have an issue that isn't immediately addressed - no drama and/or surprises.

Yeppers, right with you. The absolute all time greatest customer service and prices have been with Autohaus AZ - http://www.autohausaz.com/?gclid=CMzwrt6pwcEC••••MgodknwAGA

I have used them for over 50 purchases of VW, Toyota, Ranger and Contour parts. They are admittedly limited in the amount of parts for some makes/models. You will NEVER have an issue that isn't immediately addressed - no drama and/or surprises.
Thanx! Always excited to find a new source

You are most welcome. I might mention my 50 + purchases from Autohaus AZ has been over a 10+ year period. Just the absolute best company to be found.

Back