• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Strut Brace Group Buy #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
rocketmanrw, looks like you'll be jumping aboard here. Once you send the money to JED, shoot me your address.

BTW, after work and then after school, I'll be doing some work on this.

You can have mine. $140 (Just what I paid Rawburt). PM sent.

That is the only proper and honorable way to back out of this agreement. Let's not start sniping at Rawburt.

What's the hurry, anyway? It's not like your car won't run without this part.

Rawburt is present, and communicating, too. Again, it's not like he took money and disappeared.

That is the only proper and honorable way to back out of this agreement. Let's not start sniping at Rawburt.

What's the hurry, anyway? It's not like your car won't run without this part.

Rawburt is present, and communicating, too. Again, it's not like he took money and disappeared.

Some people just expect more follow through and don't like $140 of their money hanging in the wind for 4 months or more. Nobody has questioned Rawburt's honesty, and he has done 2 previous batches of these - so that's not a problem.

I want the bar. I'd like to see this GB get done. I understand that life gets in the way sometimes & I have been patient for 4 months, but if the delays continue to mount, I will end up backing out too. Christmas is comin' for crisakes...

Alright, I just got back from the shop.

Heres what the schedule for these are;

Thursday- 6:00 to 10:00 pm
Friday (I took a day off work for this)- ALL DAY

Thursday and Friday should complete them, if not then...

Saturday- 5:00pm till whenever
Sunday- I also have open

I completely have my schedule cleared out to get these done.

Ya'll should have tried being in some previous GBs. Took a year to get pre98 CF hoods. Took forever for kaotic's body kit, some of us still lost money on that (I lost $75).

Reminder to myself and others;

1. pimpdtour ($35 Paid)
2. Manch-VegasSVT ($35 Paid)
3. SVT3rivieres ($35 Paid)
4. SVT3391 ($35 Paid)
5. TourDeForce ($135 Paid)
6. RogerB ($35 Paid)
7. JEDsContour ($135 Paid)
8. captainoblivious ($135 Paid)

Looking to be done by mid tomorrow. Most of the hard part is done...

DCFC0306.jpg

DCFC0307.jpg

I just have to wait for my paycheck next week, then I'm gonna send you the rest of the $$$$$$$$$... Do you want me to send a little more than the $100 to cover addl. paypal costs or was it figured in as a whole before....

Ok, a couple important things I'd like to mention here.

- The strut bars will be brushed aluminum. Past GB's I've done polished aluminum. But I've found that most people paint them anyway, so its wasted effort. Anyway, if you like the polished look, then just use some aluminum polish/ cleaner, it shouldn't take ya too long.

PAYMENTS

I am going to need to final payments from the following;

1. pimpdtour ($35 Paid)
3. SVT3rivieres ($35 Paid)
4. SVT3391 ($35 Paid)
6. RogerB ($35 Paid)

I will most likely be sending out PM's/ emails to remind these people. As I stated in the thread on the old forums, the transaction fee must be covered by you guys and I calculated it out.

$100.00 has a $3.20 fee, so send $103.50 to cover the fee

The fee rate is: 2.9% + $0.30

You two are all set, thank you!

Please give me an update, you spoke earlier of giving up your spot. Does this still apply or would you like to stick in it?

- Lastly, these will be shipping out THIS WEEKEND (friday & saturday). I would like to do it earlier. But that is not an option Mon thru Fri because of work and college. The faster you send the final payment the faster I will ship yours out.

Thanks again guys for the painful wait on this one. I swear it was just one thing after another after another. But hey, its done!!!!! :cool:

SpeedinBob = alternate

Last edited:
1. pimpdtour ($35 Paid)
3. SVT3rivieres ($135 Paid)... Waiting to clear
4. SVT3391 ($35 Paid)
6. RogerB ($35 Paid)

Wow, yours cleared already. Awesome.

1. pimpdtour ($35 Paid)