• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear dome light LED conversion????

FrancisPennysac

Veteran CEG'er
So I wanted to convert my rear dome light in the mystique over to an LED to match the front... I have the correct LED bulb I believe it was a Ba15s?? i think.

So I got the bulb today...popped it in and nothing :(

I noticed the same with the front map lights...I have the correct LED replacement im sure but I get NOTHING out of them

Any idea as to why?

both bulbs are a bulb with a base not a "festoon" style.

Any help would be great!

I had to flip (or cut, reverse and splice) the positive and negative wires at each location where the bulb types are twist in. This includes the reverse lights too.

Chris@cta can u expand a little more on what your saying?? I believe that is what I might havta do..

If the bulb is like the ones used in the map lights, they cannot be turned around, they are "bayonet" style. This then required flipping the wires on the bulb, reversing the polarity.

Mad Dog

If the bulb is like the ones used in the map lights, they cannot be turned around, they are "bayonet" style. This then required flipping the wires on the bulb, reversing the polarity.

Mad Dog

How would one go about doing this?? lol Im sure thats exactly what I must do..

Back