• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ready for the snow?

Yeah, I've been seeing Bobcats used like crazy all over the place this winter. My condo used one this year too and moved most of the snow up against the pond, almost right into the pond.

A house near my parents collapsed on Thursday (photo credit a neighbor). The front and rear walls are bowed out, house is condemned and will be torn down. Feel terrible for the owners. Similar house style, same builder, same roof pitch... so I'm going down tomorrow and helping my dad clean off the roof again.. the 4th time this season.

Matty, I drive down your parent's road nearly every day....I noticed the chain link fence and thought "....thats new!.....wait, who puts up a chain link fence in the winter.....and I never noticed the exterior design of that house, strange that the exterior walls bow outward......OH GOD, That roof collapsed too!" I then drove to Dunkins and got a large coffee.

well...spent a couple hours yesterday draggin the El Camino out of the carport and will be calling the insurance company on monday.
the carport is on the verge of collapsing. from the shoddy construction to the weight of the snow...i dont even feel safe walking under it.
i am just hoping that they will help me out with some cash to rebuild it. at this point i think it has to be torn down and started over.
grrr.
and of course one wheel on the elky was frozen and with the mud in the back yard..i have two long ruts from the truck trying to pull it out.
fuggin thing was sunk about 4 inches into the ground.

i thought of that...
but i am hoping i wont have to let it get to that point.
right now it is in no way structurally safe, right now i think the only thing holding it up is the fiberglass roof panels.

5.jpg

Holy crap! That's incredible. I've already forgotten what New England winters are like. Hope spring comes soon for y'all.

Back