• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ran the 1/4 mile again in the Mystique

I understand that drag racing is fun, but what enjoyment do you get going 17 seconds at 80 mph. Not trying to be a dick, its a serious question.

thanks elraido. it is fun, and its fun trying to get a better reaction time than the guys running faster times. its just fun...

as far as mods. i have a very similar power to weight ratio as was striker2 had. i have the intake and exhaust. no fpr, but i have the back half of the car gutted.

I understand that drag racing is fun, but what enjoyment do you get going 17 seconds at 80 mph. Not trying to be a dick, its a serious question.

I would love to take my slush box POS to the strip for shats and giggles. Nowhere else can you just put your foot down in a straight strip "legally" just for fun.

Hell, I might even wager some money in a race against my brother's paper delivery Aveo.

You don't have to run 13's to have some fun with your car. I think he ran a pretty good time with the four cylinder.

thanks. i just got a new trans mount and i filled it with polyurithane construction adheasive. its working pretty good, i have to do something about the dry rotted front mount now though.

i can fell it putting the power to the ground alittle better. not as much wheel hop either.

i'm goin to pick up a motor for my 88 Tempo this weekend along with some other random parts. have to drive about 250miles for them, but i'm getting everything i want for about 60 bucks.

good time

good time

so i've got the duratec and a mtx-75 and I think the 17 second run is good.

so its not fast. anybody surprised? mine won't do much better. the extra weight of the moonroof the power seats and full interior. just try not to kill your car.

i agree racing is fun period no matter what ya run man its all in fun and keepin the sport alive-ive had a 18 second grand am to a 12:0 s10- kinda miss that one lol- i just got this 99 and really aint much on racing it i dont wanna break sumin lol- but im thinking it would 15s anyway-

Back