• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ran the 1/4 mile again in the Mystique

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
i ran it about 29 times and got a best time of 16.989 @ 82.02mph. i guess thats not too bad for just taking out the back seat and spare tire. i knocked off .315 of a second and gained over 2 mph.

What engine and tranny do you have? 2 mile is pretty good with just removing the spare and the seat.

i have a 2.0 with the MTX-75 5 speed. my best run last year was a 17.304 at 79.90

also my best reaction time was a .038. averaged about a .125 RT

i guess not. i want it to be quicker, but i'm saving up for my Tempo Project. i just moved out and paying 700 a month rent and 144 for car insurance, plus groceries and whatever else and the girlfriend has her 500 dollar a month car payment, car insurance and cell phone bill. so we're kinda tight on money right now. i've been workin at the garage now for 2 months, and they're waiting for me to get my lisences for inspection and emmisions before get i raise i think. but with towing for one week out of the month looks like it's gonna pay off pretty good 50 bucks a car under the table. can't wait till winter. also forgot i'm payin for college too.

but anyways enough of the rambling. i'm lookin forward to gettin to work on the Tempo soon enough. and looking to run low 14's or high 13's.

With my Zetec ATX with varying degrees of mods 18.3 to 16.3 on the same track.:laugh: I need to go through my timeslips (I counted 35!) and post up some numbers for the Zetec youngins!:crazy:

thats a nice number of slips. i ran mine 33 times last year and 29 this year. so within 2 years (2 days) i've done 62 passes in my car. still runs great and havent broken anything, and thats launching at over 4,000 rpm, so i must be doing something right.

Are you sure? I mean, you're still running a 17-sec 1/4 mile ;)
yeah, really. i launched around 3K and was running mid 16s. mods were a cheap intake and exhaust, ebay UDP, and the aeromotive FPR that i have for sale (you would not believe an FPR could make such a difference).

i meant i must be doing something right if i havent broken anything. i dont understand why its still running so slow, but i'm consistant for the most part. how much you want for the FPR? idk how much it'll help, but i might give it a shot. i'm mostly focusing on the Tempo's performance, but a few more little things here and there might not hurt.

I never broke anything either. its because you have a pre98. :D

as for the FPR, you can look in my turbo parts FS thread or PM me for a price.

Are you sure? I mean, you're still running a 17-sec 1/4 mile ;)
What are you running?:laugh:
yeah, really. i launched around 3K and was running mid 16s. mods were a cheap intake and exhaust, ebay UDP, and the aeromotive FPR that i have for sale (you would not believe an FPR could make such a difference).
That's because you are the Stig.

i'm close to the same power and weight, but what tires were you running? i know i had a lot of tire spin with my crappy coopers.

i'm close to the same power and weight, but what tires were you running? i know i had a lot of tire spin with my crappy coopers.

Well then you AREN'T doing something right... If your car makes 120 WHP as you say (I don't know anything about Zetecs, but a 25 BHP or 20% gain with minimal mods would be pushing it IMO), you really shouldn't have a lot of wheelspin as far as I'm concerned, unless you are really bad at launching.

Well then you AREN'T doing something right... If your car makes 120 WHP as you say (I don't know anything about Zetecs, but a 25 BHP or 20% gain with minimal mods would be pushing it IMO), you really shouldn't have a lot of wheelspin as far as I'm concerned, unless you are really bad at launching.
i know thats what mine made as i have the dyno sheet to prove it, and that was just with intake/exhaust/FPR.

Back