• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

R29 relay location

dpmeeks

CEG'er
Im looking for my pwr. door lock relay, ive googled it and it says it should be behind the glove box or pass. side kick panel and its brown in color, i cant find it. My car doesnt have keyless entry, just pwr. locks and windows, any ideas where this relay is ?? Its on a 95 contour GL.

Im looking at adding an aftermarket keyless entry so im trying to use the wires coming into that relay to start the process..

Its a brown relay? The only one that i know of that is brown is in the driverside door, under the panel, fastened by 2 small phillips head screws. The screws will be facing you and the relay will be mounted inside the door panel. Hopefully im not misunderstanding and getting the relay mixed up with another one. Hope this helps

Its a brown relay? The only one that i know of that is brown is in the driverside door, under the panel, fastened by 2 small phillips head screws. The screws will be facing you and the relay will be mounted inside the door panel. Hopefully im not misunderstanding and getting the relay mixed up with another one. Hope this helps
There are 3 brown relays in the engine compartment panel (R7 horn, R8 fuel pump, R11 pcm module), but none in the main panel. Owners manual has a list of relays that are outside the fuse boxes, one of which is the brown R29 for door lock control. I have power door locks, so I assume my 'tour has that relay. I removed the drivers side door panel and peeled off the foam liner about halfway. Shined a light down in the crevices, but no relay that I saw:

20230925_212228.jpg20230925_212245.jpg20230925_212254.jpg

Anyway, my reason for looking for R29 was parasitic drain diagnosis. I'd still like to know where it is, but I think I've found the brake light circuit seems to be the culprit.

It should look like this…
I had already put everything back together when you posted that pic. I'm 90% sure that nothing like that was there (wish I'd have taken one more pic a little to the right!), but at least I'll know one way or the other if I look again. Thanks again for the responses.

Back