• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

QuickJack for Contour SVT

Hey All,

So I'm thinking of investing in a quickjack for my 1999 Contour SVT.

The only issues:
1) I do not know where the lift points are for the car and I definitely do not want to put things in the wrong place.
2) I am unsure of what model I should buy

This guy on BAT had one he sold and I can see he's got one for the car here. It would be helpful to know if anyone would be so kind to help.

1702369670099.png

The Left points are under those 4 removable covers on the rocker cover. Pull
them off & you'll see the area is re enforced in 4 spots. So like JScullin said
put blocks in those spots, when using the jack in the pic

Attachments

• 1702369670099.png
    1702369670099.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I've been told the covers are near impossible to get back on once removed and there are other ways to lift the car as per the Workshop manuals I have.

I've been told the covers are near impossible to get back on once removed
nah, they come off easy, but they do have plastic tabs (cause there made 100% of plastic) & they can break, so don't mess with them
in the cold weather. What's more impossible is finding replacements, i've paid more then $75 a piece for spares/replacements

Last edited:
nah, they come off easy, but they do have plastic tabs (cause there made 100% of plastic) & they can break, so don't mess with them
in the cold weather. What's more impossible is find replacements, i've paid more then $75 a piece for spares/replacements
Woah that's definitely alot for sure. Are they easy to get back on once removed and is there a way to remove them that avoids them breaking?

Back