• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Quick dilemma?

GIT-R-DONE

Veteran CEG'er
Im researching the pros and cons of either dropping the stock motor svt for another , running one, or seeing if i can throw together a ported 3L for about the same price range. Found the svt motor (116k), and trans from a guy on our CEG FB page, for 450. Found a 04 sable motor with (21k), for 400. Ive got a harness lined up from Sam as my stock one is trashed, and gonna find a clutch to throw in regardless of the motor choice. Question is, should I spring for the 3L, or play it safe with the svt motor?

leaning towards that. Just trying to research what im gonna end up with between the two on a ballpark figure. Im currently unemployed at the moment, and between selling my accord, unemployment checks, and my tax return, Ive got to get my svt running and on the road with minimal set backs. I know that may be "greddy" of me, but I cant really afford to be without a ride for to long while searching for a job.

Quick question to sum up some things as Ive gotten a little mixed up in my searching.

Picking up a 3L long block, and plan to keep it on the simple end of the swap,

-I want to port match the heads with BZ plates, run my svt upper and lower with fuel rail, injectors, svt pcm and modify the passenger side mount to fit between the heads?

-with the stock upper and lowers i can run the svt valve covers?

You are on the right track, and yes you can run the SVT valve covers on your ported 3L with the stock upper and lower intake manifolds.

Sweet, spent about 4 hours reading your thread at about 2am this morning. I just remember back when i used to frequent the boards alot i remember people talking about grinding down alternator brackets or such and some other stuff that back then deterred me from looking deeper into a 3L swap. But fast forward about 6 years, and looks like they are way more simple now.

Yeah, it's not too bad. For the replacement cost of a 2.5 Vs a 3.0, we are almost forced to upgrade :laugh:.

Sweet, spent about 4 hours reading your thread at about 2am this morning. I just remember back when i used to frequent the boards alot i remember people talking about grinding down alternator brackets or such and some other stuff that back then deterred me from looking deeper into a 3L swap. But fast forward about 6 years, and looks like they are way more simple now.

Its about familiarity. Kinda like the saying, "ppl are scared of things they don't understand..."

Back