• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Questions on morrettes

sportracer

CEG'er
I am thinking about trying to make my own morrettes and have a few questions about the lights. Will the 90 mm projectors work if there is a shield from the elements? Is there other lights out there that would work so I dont have to put in a shield. Does anybody have a better picture of the morrettes that got past around over the last year or so? I have a picture of it apart but it doesnt show any detail. Maybe if these work I can make some for people.

I am thinking about trying to make my own morrettes and have a few questions about the lights. Will the 90 mm projectors work if there is a shield from the elements? Is there other lights out there that would work so I dont have to put in a shield. Does anybody have a better picture of the morrettes that got past around over the last year or so? I have a picture of it apart but it doesnt show any detail. Maybe if these work I can make some for people.

i didnt see any pix of the morettes apart passed around. i'd pm nvy and see if she's gat some. there's only one. i know she sold the car. but i dont know wot she did with them. if u can make one, i'll be ur first customer :).

I made a copy of my mystake lights and they werent that hard so I could defiantly make it fit now its just a matter of finding lights to work with it.

If you search this subject on the forums I have posted already that the 90mms which.... the manufacturer already says is a sealed unit, will not need to be 'shielded' from the elements.

They will work for your project. I had picked up a few sets last year for this exact project, just never got around to it.

I didnt even think about looking up 90 mm's sorry. with that said great, Ill have to pick up a set and get going then. I think I could make this look good, Ill keep everyone informed with pics and updates as I work on them. First step is to tare down the headlights and get fiberglassing.

Started working on the lights today. Got the cover off, now just have to go get fiberglass and figure out how im going to do this. Pics of the progress coming soon

everything is apart just waiting on the projectors. Should be ordering them early next week. I think im going to start the fiberglassing this weekend. Im having problems with my dd thats side tracking me. Should have something to show middle of next week.

Ok, I haven't bought the projectors yet do to a high bill from the mechanic. So I decided to start fiberglassing and sitting there looking at it I am trying to figure out how to exactly do this. There are two options I could go about doing this and those two are: one, use the plastic cover and cut the holes or two, fiberglass an all new cover. What do you people think, I need some opinions before I start.

What I was thinking of doing when I brainstormed awhile back involved having the lights. Use the back of the stock unit; cut and drill for the lights. Place the light in bags to protect then, remount. Take the lens drill several ~1/8 holes. Attach the lens to the back of the unit covering your lights; tape it up and then carefully start filling the lens with that spray foam packing stuff, let expand in the lens and dry. un screw the lights from the back side; take the lens off and carefully remove the lighting. Now fiber glass over the foam with it attached to the backing piece or remove from the backer then fiberglass.

It sounded good.

That could work actually, the only problem is the foam would mold around the lights so you would have to find a way to block it from getting to them. Maybe putting some poster board or something to block it would work. Well I got this weekend off so Im going to do some major brainstorming and Ill post back sun on what I come up with.

Maybe Ill have to try the two part foam, you could do it without the lights and just cut out the hole to fit the lights in. Ill see what I can come up with this weekend.

quick question, I know this is not the thread but I don't want to create a new thread since I only need 1 answer.

So would it be illegal or too bright if I remove the tab on the low beam or if I drill a hole through the tab.

HLLBTab.jpg

Back