• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Quarter mile times?

nafunu32

CEG'er
Sorry guys if this is posted somewhere, but I have tried numerous search types but cannot find what the SVT 3Ls are running. Interested in buying and SVT with the 3L in it, but can't find the times. Maybe tell me some of the average times or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I have never actually ran my car........yet. But i've heard that they run between 14.3-14.0 1/4 mile time. Depending on driver and conditions of course. Someone please correct me on this information if i'm wrong b/c i'm going strictly off of what i hear from other people.

For a completely stock SVT with a full 3L I'd say 14.7 if you are a good driver. With extra add-on's like a good tune, headers, cold air intake, and 2.5" exhaust you should be able to get down to 14.3 range.

Yup you won? or yup it sounded sick? SR20 swapped 240's aren't exactly slow.:laugh:

Yup I won, I don't recall it sounding sick... There were 2 sr20 swapped 240's, both running slower times than I was... IIRC they were both running ~high 14's low 15's

This year I'm hoping to be in the 13's once my tune is straightened out and I ditch the svt exhaust piping ;)

I ran a best of 14.6 at something like 96 MPH

99 SVT in full street trim with 3/4 tank of gas
3.0 block, heads, and cams
gutted precats
removed resanator
e-bay short ram intake
mail order SCT x-cal and tune from Brenspeed
stock trans, and clutch
worn out BFG TA's

could have had better times but had to take it easy leaving the line because of the stock trans and clutch, and the tires still spun well in to second, and third on a few passes.

14.2 at 98mph sealevel

3.0,svt heads,contour cams,superchip,prom maff 75mm, frw,deguted cats,2.5 exhaust,kkkm intake,stock trans

someone has a signature on here that claims a 1/4 somewhere in the 13's with his NA 3L. I'm not positive but i think a CSVT can take the older mustang GT's, they only put around 170 to the wheels stock. That is until 2000 or 2001 when they hit 260 at the crank.

i've heard that a 3L CSVT would take a stock v8 mustang. Not the newer one's but the one's of same year as the contours. Never tested the theory, but still want to.

I've done that many times myself. Although I like mustangs a lot, the look on the drivers' faces is priceless. ...Just the other day, took a very very nice black GT with at least exhaust. His car sounded :drool: :drool: . I was running the slipping clutch and half bald tires mod. Then he did the ricer flyby after I slowed down. :troutslap: That made my day.

Back