• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRP users, post questions to start discussion

I have used the launch control with mr PRP setup in my cougar. It is awesome for the launch! But unless you shift REALLY REALLY fast you will bog the car. And it really isn't shifting fast that is the problem. It's not hard to shift fast enough...it just feels like i am going to break something when i do shift fast enough to make it not bog. So take your choice...go without it, and not worry about a bog. Or go with it and shift so fast you may tear something up...

Can you elaborate as to why it would bog? Either way ill have to give it a go when I get my PRP as I have no issues slamming gears into place

The rev limiter for the launch control works with the clutch sensor so the moment your clutch is in your rev limit becomes whatever you have set the launch control at...
So when your shifting the moment you trip the clutch sensor your launch limiter kicks in

The rev limiter for the launch control works with the clutch sensor so the moment your clutch is in your rev limit becomes whatever you have set the launch control at...
So when your shifting the moment you trip the clutch sensor your launch limiter kicks in

That's kind of wimpy, i thought i read something on that SCT forum link that it was saying its controlled by vehicle/transmission speed.... so it only works when the car is not moving?? maybe i misread something.

That's kind of wimpy, i thought i read something on that SCT forum link that it was saying its controlled by vehicle/transmission speed.... so it only works when the car is not moving?? maybe i misread something.

This is true for certain processor codes. My PCM code does not have that feature built in. :(

Why not keep a seperate tune on your XCal2 with the "launch control" feature turned on and only load it when you're at the track, and have a daily driver tune without it for everyday use (unless you need to launch the car on every stoplight)?

Sct2cl

Sct2cl

How Is The Sct2cl Woking For You . I Am Geting One Soon The Guys At Sct Say It Bypass The Rev Limiter.

This is true for certain processor codes. My PCM code does not have that feature built in. :(

I see, which code do you have? I have XGT1 i beleive.

I'll ask about it when i go get mine dyno tuned someday...

Why not keep a seperate tune on your XCal2 with the "launch control" feature turned on and only load it when you're at the track, and have a daily driver tune without it for everyday use (unless you need to launch the car on every stoplight)?

And this wouldn't fix his concern, he's saying even at the track as soon as you push the clutch in to shift its going to bog because the rev-limiter he has set for launching will take over (because you would be over the limiter) between gears.

I've already outlined a method (via clutch switch location alteration)to avoid that problem to him, via pm. He can share if he wishes

Back