• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRP users, post questions to start discussion

warmonger

Hard-core CEG'er
You guys may have questions and the more that come up the more this forum will take off. I don't feel like going into the old forums and cutting/pasting new stickies yet. However, if a question pops up and someone knows the answer is in the old forums you can link to it. Then we can combine topics or whatever.

Ok I'll start it. When I was using the PRP on my old SVTC, I couldn't get the rev limiter raised. So the question is, what/where is each and every value that needs to be raised to make it work?

Were you an SFG_ code? Mine is SFG0 and Brenspeed couldnt get it (a long while ago). I just gave the tune to the guys at SCT and they figured it out.

But yeah, what gives with the SFG family? PITA they are. . .

I could start a good discussion on my car behaving funky at altitude. Ill dig up my graphs.

Yeah it took me a little while.

I changed the PIP value, the fuel shutoff to zero, the limiters for both manual neutral and atx/drive all set to 7200
Then in rev/torque limiting sections I changed the max value in the axes to 7400 so that the computer could positively recognize it.
It worked for me one day I was playing with it after I made changes and it was just reving all the way up, think it was after I changed those last values.

well, i just ordered mine today finally. So hopefully i'll be able to add some questions/answers in this forum soon.

well, i just ordered mine today finally. So hopefully i'll be able to add some questions/answers in this forum soon.

Cool. I know you'll enjoy it. I simply couldn't do without it now that I've gotten most of it down pat.

The only thing that ticks me off is the Volvo is a Bosch system so fat chance I'll get tuning software for that.

I might get a xcal2. Gonna wait and see if I feel the need for it after the headers and whatnot and dynoing w/ a/f.

A mustang guy insisted to me that any ford can have launch control with xcal2. I never seen anyone on here mention it, is it possible with a contour?

<---- interest sufficiently piqued :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I might get a xcal2. Gonna wait and see if I feel the need for it after the headers and whatnot and dynoing w/ a/f.

A mustang guy insisted to me that any ford can have launch control with xcal2. I never seen anyone on here mention it, is it possible with a contour?

I've read some references to it but I'm not sure how to do it yet if it can be done. Has to do with rev limiting and/or torque limiting. I'll see what I can dig up.

I've been playing with my traction control functions in my tuning and I have watered it down some by lowering the number considerably. In all seriousness I launched with the T/C on and it did seem very watered down and it seems as though I was launching much better than I could without it.

I will play with it some more when I have some time.

I've been playing with my traction control functions in my tuning and I have watered it down some by lowering the number considerably. In all seriousness I launched with the T/C on and it did seem very watered down and it seems as though I was launching much better than I could without it.

I will play with it some more when I have some time.

Traction control eh?
That is a mechanical pulloff of the throttle isn't it? Or is it spark...hmm.

The limiters I was talking about were based on fuel and spark limiters I think.
Let me know what settings you were changing would you?

Traction control eh?
That is a mechanical pulloff of the throttle isn't it? Or is it spark...hmm.

The limiters I was talking about were based on fuel and spark limiters I think.
Let me know what settings you were changing would you?

The pre 98s were mechanical off the throttle body. My post 98 is the only contour I have ever seen with traction control. It is controlled through the PCM.

I will play with the tuning later. I am too busy with school.

The 2 step is simply a neutral rev limiter that is only active while the clutch pedal is depressed, it does work pretty good at the track as I have been using the 2-step on my car for over a year now. Some processors might not have the option but mine is right under the regular rev limiter labled "Neutral_rev_limiter". with my large throttle body it is very difficult to keep the rpms where you want them before dumping the clutch, the neutral rev limiter keeps it right where you tell it to be without any extra effort.

However on the street it is a little bit of a pain in the butt as every time you push the clutch to shift if you are touching the gas at the same time you will hear and feel the bog down to your neutral rev limit.

Sean

The XGT1 code can support a 2 step limiter. That means any returnless CDW-27 PCM should support it as well.

It will let you hold the rpm level without having to think about it. However good luck getting any "true" launching benefit from it. The reason is that any real traction equals free spinning axles. :shrug: This coupled with the fact, I personally, just can't justify spending $1500 (axles, hubs, intermediate shaft) just to get one or two tenths off the 60' time of my fwd 4 door touring car. Then again it is no slouch now either. :laugh:

Back