• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

projectors???

anyone ever use the projectors out of integra headlights?? and is ther a how to on projectors??
Not on a contour. Why not use a projector from a newer car?

And all projector installs on the contour are completely custom. It's not easy either.

anyone ever use the projectors out of integra headlights?? and is ther a how to on projectors??

I thought about that too. It's hard to know what a "good" projector would be for the mod. I figured a smaller one would be great. There needs to be a list or just how to.:help:

there are how to's on other forums if you want to tackle the job on your own. The only thing holding me back is the bezel/shroud. Most how to's say "Ill leave this part up to you as every headlight is different." Thats where I get confused, do you fabricate something yourself or do you find a shroud that will work with our headlights, then if so what shroud fits? The project is going to get expensive really quick if you have to go through the whole trial and error process.

there are how to's on other forums if you want to tackle the job on your own. The only thing holding me back is the bezel/shroud. Most how to's say "Ill leave this part up to you as every headlight is different." Thats where I get confused, do you fabricate something yourself or do you find a shroud that will work with our headlights, then if so what shroud fits? The project is going to get expensive really quick if you have to go through the whole trial and error process.

Ohhhh!!! That's why people want me to give them info for free all the time! I've got sucker written on my forehead and they just assume I'm cool with throwing away all that money I spent!:help:

For the shroud there's a couple of ways you can do it. Make your own or buy some from something like a bmw and cut them so they will fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...1744697QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3756.m20.l1116

I did mine the trial and error way and thankfully there wasn't any error. But it's just something that you need to take your time with and do it to how you want it to look. As for price wise I don't think that I did too bad.

All prices include shipping

Projectors-$114
Ballasts w/wires-$143
Used headlights-$60
Misc(silicon, paint, sandpaper, etc..)-$20
Bought a used dremel to help with the fabrication-$30 Pawn shop(not included)

Grand total-$337

Everything was bought on ebay except for the headlights(Thanks debos99csvt)

For the shroud there's a couple of ways you can do it. Make your own or buy some from something like a bmw and cut them so they will fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...1744697QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3756.m20.l1116

I did mine the trial and error way and thankfully there wasn't any error. But it's just something that you need to take your time with and do it to how you want it to look. As for price wise I don't think that I did too bad.

All prices include shipping

Projectors-$114
Ballasts w/wires-$143
Used headlights-$60
Misc(silicon, paint, sandpaper, etc..)-$20
Bought a used dremel to help with the fabrication-$30 Pawn shop(not included)

Grand total-$337

Everything was bought on ebay except for the headlights(Thanks debos99csvt)

Those shrouds really are not going to do a whole lot to block all the stray light alone. You'd need more than that, I would certainly need more... I can't stand glare.

And budget setups are sweet, I had one... But its disappointing when someone comes along with a really well done set who spent a bit of money... Blows your set out of the water. I know, Ive done a few sets and they just keep getting better!

Back