• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Productive (and expensive) weekend

As I have said before, im a firm believer over the hype of AWD being completely overrated in the winter. Regardless of what I think, thats a nice vehicle there matty and im sure you'll be enjoying the "new car" sensation as I did. Whats the break in miles for your car? iirc mine was 1500, after that I let her rip and it was glorious :)

and mods planned? or just keeping her stock?

If it wasn't better, whey would car manufacturers like Audi and Subaru continue to push all wheel drive with the pressure of rising gas prices. Why do rally drivers opt for all wheels versus front or rear wheel drive. I think if you had the opportunity to switch from two to four you'd see the difference. The wife's Jeep is utterly fantastic in the snow with it's all season and snow tires. But when accelerating or climbing a hill, traction can be hard to come by (even with Blizzaks). Pop the truck into four and it's like instant stability.

Is all wheel drive better? Depends on what your needs are. My first Miata with snow tires was fantastic in the snow, very easy to drive. I prefered my Miata to my SVT Contour. It was no where near as competant in snow as my wife's Jeep is in four wheel drive.

Back