• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pretty cool ebay find!

SVTGeorge

CEG'er
20130225_171404_zps221eb174.jpg

enjoy March 97.

Dang, that's vintage!

I can't believe that Concorde isn't a show car. Look at it! It's a masterpiece :crazy:

If you gave me the option of getting a free 2.7L Chrysler motor or drinking milk over a year old. I'd take the latter

But way cool magazine, I'd love to read the comparo between the CSVT and the imports listed.

I just googled the article and was reading through it. Interesting comments...
The styling is the biggest negative here... the front and rear chin spoilers and side skirts borrow heavily from the Pep Boys School of Design...
I didn't think that at all when I saw it for the first time or when I was looking for mine back in 2006. Oh well. You know what they say about opinions...
http://www.stangbangers.com/98_ContourSVTvsCompetition_Article.htm
Erick --

If you gave me the option of getting a free 2.7L Chrysler motor or drinking milk over a year old. I'd take the latter

But way cool magazine, I'd love to read the comparo between the CSVT and the imports listed.

I am right there with you..At least you wont have to drink it alone.

If only they would have just had the 3L's in them from the factory like they were kinda leaning towards doing....that article would have been more like..."HOLY FAWK....the Contour SVT is the best car in this lineup!! NUFF SAID!" lol

If only they would have just had the 3L's in them from the factory like they were kinda leaning towards doing....that article would have been more like..."HOLY FAWK....the Contour SVT is the best car in this lineup!! NUFF SAID!" lol

Its funny, my CarFax says that is has a 3.0L engine. :shrug::confused:

Couldn't agree more! So many OEMs hold back their cars for whatever reason (usually MPG these days) where they could be best in class if they really let them stretch their wings.

Saw this and went to buy one. Found a site that has overstock of them left over for 9.95. Amazon wanted something like 60 bucks for the same magazine.

Couldn't agree more! So many OEMs hold back their cars for whatever reason (usually MPG these days) where they could be best in class if they really let them stretch their wings.

I think it had to do with the additional cost of crash testing.

Back