• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Preparing for a 3.0L Port-matched swap

Save yourself the time porting and do an oval port :laugh:. You'll have a faster car that way.

properly built, both setups are comparable in power. i know your messin around, and your biased to the oval port. i'm still not a believer, but i'm not tuned yet.

It seems to be that the more you leave the 3L in its original state, the more reliable/long lasting it will be. I understand all points made but will always feel this way. Good luck.

It seems to be that the more you leave the 3L in its original state, the more reliable/long lasting it will be. I understand all points made but will always feel this way. Good luck.

I can agree with that, but how many people swap in a 3.0L just to know that your car will be reliable and long lasting? If you want reliability, just get a newer, stock economy car with low miles.

I tend to work towards a compromise of reliability and fun-to-drive.

properly built, both setups are comparable in power. i know your messin around, and your biased to the oval port. i'm still not a believer, but i'm not tuned yet.

Maybe, but the 3 fastest basic swaps I know are:

My old car - Full 3 liter, 3 liter cams
Snob - full 3 liter, SVT Cams
starjammir - worked Hybrid.

(I put my old car first because Im better and faster than aaron, and while starjammirs car might be faster, its still a lame-ole hybrid :laugh:)

Maybe, but the 3 fastest basic swaps I know are:

My old car - Full 3 liter, 3 liter cams
Snob - full 3 liter, SVT Cams
starjammir - worked Hybrid.

(I put my old car first because Im better and faster than aaron, and while starjammirs car might be faster, its still a lame-ole hybrid :laugh:)

I will let you take the glory ONLY because the projectors you made for my SVT are so damn hot :drool: :D.

Aaron

Back