• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre98 Post98 Steering wheel Question

Yes, they are interchangable. They are different though. The location of the seams of the leather around the wheel are different. Pre-98 seams are where your hand would be if you were resting your arm on your leg. About 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock on the wheel. The SVT wheels have the seams at 3 & 9 o'clock.

rouar and aircougar bother noted that the airbag connector is different between the E0 and E1 SVT's so that might carry to other years ... but from what aircougar told me all you need to do is remove the alignment tabs on the connector and it will plug right in.

The pre98 blue will not match your midnight blue. Congrats! LOL

The Dark Blue can't be that far off. And mine looks like Cujo was sucking the leather off of it. But thanks Todd

75891pg9.jpg

I have a pre-98 atlantis blue steering wheel I installed in my SVT because I haven't been able to find a decent MNB leather steering wheel in the yards. It isn't THAT far off. Since there aren't an abundance of MNB leather steering wheels around, what other choice is there? (Other than getting a "wrap" ) :shrug: I would much rather have this steering wheel than the majorly worn out one that was in there.

Back