• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Pre-98 Double Cupholder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I believe that is correct. I always preferred the double cupholder because of the fact that it sits flush with the center console, so it looks cleaner when the holders are down.

Thanks Aaron for the very prompt response. Do you know if anyone has fitted these to the MTX console? Interference with the shifter an issue? Thanks

It should fit fine with the MTX, the mounting points are the same.

As far as interference with the shifter goes, I believe that the front cupholder may be in the way for your hand when shifting if you have a taller cup in it, but the actual shifter itself shouldn't come in contact with the holders. For example, you would probably be OK with a smaller coffee cup in the front holder & a taller cup in the rear holder.

Hear you and agree 100% with you. The single cup holder that I have installed ALSO has the issue of being in the way of my hand - no speed shifting!! Is this the black "plate" that fits into the console or is it a "gun metal grey" color? I know that some of 'tours came with black inserted areas, including this cup holder plate vs. a gun metal grey color. Not that it is a huge color difference.

The one pictured is a black plate from the later pre-98s. I'm also pretty sure I have a gunmetal grey vanity cover that I can throw in as well.

Last edited:
I have one in my car. Yes, it does pysically fit. Looks awesome when they are down, nice and smooth. But you just have to watch out with your hand placement when shifting 4, 5 & reverse.

Thanks CSVT_0611 for the feedback/information. My commute is mostly highway, and I MUST have my morning cup of joe!!
No, I don't bring TWO cups of joe with me!!

Do you still have this? Will it fit a '97 SVT? Not understanding where this installs, but hate the cupholders in this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back