• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pre 96 parts

mr miller

CEG'er
hey guys owner of 96 tour here, im hitting the junk yards this weekend and just wanted to know if any one had a how to guide on swaping out the interior, the door panels seem preety easy to handle, what about the front and back seats ? doesnt look to hard, i just dont wanna bite off more then i can chew

I don't know why you titled you thread "pre 96 parts". It's pre98 and post98 that most refer to because of the body style change that happened in '98.

All contour interiors fit in eachother. If you don't have the flip down rear seat, you need the hardware from the donor car with flip down seats. That's it. All seats bolt in the same and all wire harnesses are in the cars too.

yea sorry about that and DAMN dude you are on your game with this contour stuff i JUST posted that lmao! again thanks for your quick answer fuz, i just got this ride for 500$ the guy didnt know what he had but ive been at a loss in what i want to do with it , this is my first mid size vehicle i had a 2000 lesabre before this (rip) so i didnt have to do too mutch with it but add new wheels thanks again bro, and while we are on the subject of wire harnesses is there a contour wire harnes with aux cables? i had an old pioneer radio i wanna install but cant find these damn things

I'm not sure what a "wire harnes with aux cables" is.

Calm down when you type so I can understand you a little better :laugh: :D

I'm not sure why you keep posting in the troubleshooting forum, when your posts are not about troubleshooting a problem .... here is another thread getting moved ....

yeah stupid iphone, anyway i was refering to the radio wire harness but one that has rca jacks, to go from the stock harness (in the car) to my radio (which has the rca jacks insted of exposed wire)

The only aftermarket wire harnesses are the ones that clip to your stock harness in the car, then get wired to your loose wires for your aftermarket stereo. No OEM harness to RCA output conversion kits for our platform. Why does your Pioneer only have RCA jacks? It should have a loose wire harness connector clipped into the back of it :confused:......

your guess is as good as mine on that one , i dont know if it matters but its an older radio, one of the rca jacks is for a video hook up but other then that i dont have a clue....maybe ill just invest in a new radio

Check around here - put a wanted ad up in the classifieds section, maybe someone has a nice used unit and a radio harness too for you.

dude is this not a troubleshooting issue? i mean seriously im trying to "trouble shoot" a problem here seems like the right section to me......however because this seems to upset you so mutch i'll look for a different section next time

dude is this not a troubleshooting issue? i mean seriously im trying to "trouble shoot" a problem here seems like the right section to me......however because this seems to upset you so mutch i'll look for a different section next time

your original post is ask how to swap interior parts. where is the troubleshooting in that?

hey guys owner of 96 tour here, im hitting the junk yards this weekend and just wanted to know if any one had a how to guide on swaping out the interior, the door panels seem preety easy to handle, what about the front and back seats ? doesnt look to hard, i just dont wanna bite off more then i can chew

check this out
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?10896-Troubleshooting-posts-ONLY-(read-this!)

all of your "troubleshooting" post are not troubleshoot, they are asking for direction or information.

please note where this thread now is. i moved it from the troubleshooting forum to the interior asthetics forum, where it belongs.

Back